Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

CHICKEN SONG, CINDERELLA, SCHOOL IS OUT!

Who says they're disrespekting.

No one knows who this is.

They only joined YouTube today, and the only thing I find a bit off is the timing.

I say grab em while you can, and did Regina give permission for Woolen Gloves and Be Like a Cloud to suddenly appear?

quote:
Originally posted by mattrscity:

Who says they're disrespekting.

No one knows who this is.

They only joined YouTube today, and the only thing I find a bit off is the timing.

I say grab em while you can, and did Regina give permission for Woolen Gloves and Be Like a Cloud to suddenly appear?

I say they are. There was a very specific request made by reg that they not be out there. That's a huge difference from Woolen Gloves & Be Like A Cloud. No such request was made for those.

Please read thread below for more information regarding the 1999 Demo Tape

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...688/m/2301036532/p/1

Specifically:

quote:
Originally posted by peter pan:

well firstly thank you to all those who offered to pay me for the songs.....if I was to put them up I certainly wouldnt want money for them.

secondly ... I thought it would be a good idea to ask Regina about all of this and seeing that I went to her concert in Brisbane tonight (actually last night now) I made the effort to speak to her, and I was the only one who did ... go me...I explained about the tape and how the people on the forum really wanted to hear the songs and that I was prepared to put them up so that could happen.

She said that these songs were sort of like nursery rhymes.....more or less stuff she had recorded before she got to where she is now.

She told me that if the tape was mine that I could do as I wanted with it but it seemed to me that she wasnt entirely happy. She also felt that the forum people had supported her really well and that they deserved to hear them if they wanted.

So I pushed her for a decision, just a little push, and she said that she would prefer that they were not put on the web but it was up to me.

I had just been to this fucking awesome concert...I was standing at the front about 2 meters from her. It was just sooooo good and I have amazing respect for this awesome lady so I really have to accept her wishes and I hope that you understand I could not go against her wishes.

Its not how I intended this to go originally when I won the tape but after thinking about it for a while I feel I have done the right thing.

So while I was speaking to her I also mentioned that the forum people would really like her to post on here.....I hope she remembers to do that.

Poor Regina is really struggling with the hip injury. She sort of hobbles really slowly with a walking stick and had to sit down for the guitar songs ie bobbing for apples etc

I'll post a separate review of the Brisbane concert later. It went off!!!

In conclusion....sorry guys I hope you understand.

quote:

Can she not change her mind? Did she not speak to peter pan at McCarren, possibly about this?

Nobody knows.

I do. I happen to know peter pan did have a conversation with her in January at the Bowery and there was no change in her wishes.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:

Can she not change her mind? Did she not speak to peter pan at McCarren, possibly about this?

Nobody knows.

I do. I happen to know peter pan did have a conversation with her in January at the Bowery and there was no change in her wishes.

Oh bollocks!!

You cant blame me for getting a little bit excited. Roll Eyes

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:

Nobody knows.

Oh bollocks!!

You cant blame me for getting a little bit excited. Roll Eyes

Excuse me? Who blamed you? You asked a question and I answered it. Do you not care what reg's wishes are?