Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

CHICKEN SONG, CINDERELLA, SCHOOL IS OUT!

i dont care if you guys hate me after saying this, but why do you guys care so much why cant you just relax and take a chill pill..so this person that posted the videos isn't taking them down, so what it's not like the end of the world. what if Reg sees this (this big pointless loving, hating argument right here)she would probably be more heart broken then. what if she sees the video, if she does she'll see that everyone loves the songs( i certainly love them) and maybe she'll be all like " oh wow i never thought this many people would like these weird songs i wrote " and she might think to herself " im actually kinda glad this person posted these"

quote:
Originally posted by SugarDrive:

sad though, huh? Frowner

in response to eliana.

were you referring to my first post or second? both of them are sad, though, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Eliana:

also- i don't want to point any fingers, but i don't think it is unlikely that the person who sold the tape on ebay posted the songs on youtube. selling regina's recording without her permission and without giving her any of the money is disrespectful, and so it would not be out of character.

this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.snuffleupagus...yeah!!:

i dont care if you guys hate me after saying this, but why do you guys care so much why cant you just relax and take a chill pill..so this person that posted the videos isn't taking them down, so what it's not like the end of the world. what if Reg sees this (this big pointless loving, hating argument right here)she would probably be more heart broken then. what if she sees the video, if she does she'll see that everyone loves the songs( i certainly love them) and maybe she'll be all like " oh wow i never thought this many people would like these weird songs i wrote " and she might think to herself " im actually kinda glad this person posted these"

yeah i agree that it has been blown out of proportion, but think about it from regina's perspective. a work of art is extremely personal and to have it released to the public against your wishes must be awful. it would be like having your diary released to the world. it is just the betrayal of trust that is upsetting people so much.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa...:

quote:
Originally posted by Eliana:

also- i don't want to point any fingers, but i don't think it is unlikely that the person who sold the tape on ebay posted the songs on youtube.

I disagree. If I remember correctly, the person who sold it said in the description that they were selling the tape because they thought Regina was talented, but her music was not their "cup of tea."

well, maybe you're right, but i was just thinking that it was not very considerate of them to sell it without asking regina.

I'm gonna weigh in here before I officially leave this thread. We can all agree that whoever posted these songs was wrong and shouldn't have done so. As far as the "now that their up, can I listen to them?" side of things goes, none of us can assume they know what regina would want in this situation, and I personally am not going to act until I get some sort of indication from upstairs (if you catch my drift). I know that if i ever created something, whether it was a song or an essay, whatever, if i didn't want people to see it and then one day excerpts of it were put on the internet, I probably wouldn't think to myself, "oh well the damage is done, there's nothing I can do about it now, everyone should just take my private piece of art." That's why I sent an email to regina's manager. Hopefully there will be some sort of a response, but until then i'm going to respect regina's wishes that people not hear these songs and, well, not hear these songs. If you want to listen to the songs that's up to you, i'm in no position to pass judgement, and i'm sure that the songs are fantastic. But to me the quality of the songs has nothing to do with it. As far as we know Regina wants these songs to stay private and I'm going to respect that.

Edit 1:

quote:
yeah i agree that it has been blown out of proportion, but think about it from regina's perspective. a work of art is extremely personal and to have it released to the public against your wishes must be awful. it would be like having your diary released to the world. it is just the betrayal of trust that is upsetting people so much.
I agree.

Edit 2:

quote:
So, this is irrelevant, but:

quote:

Originally posted by SugarDrive:

welcome back brenna. <3

I agree!

As do I!

Edit 3: I use too many commas. O well.

Hey beautiful people, I'm calling it a night.

It is weird that he would make a profit from what was essentially a gift from Regina. The ultimate re-gifting. She should start a company, she could write short little songs and record them on tape, then sell them on Ebay. She'd make a killing!

Anyway, gnight!

Edit: also, welcome back Brenna!