Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

CHICKEN SONG, CINDERELLA, SCHOOL IS OUT!

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

Dammit, I coulda used that the other day when I was trekking across the desert and came upon a giant camel carcass, thinking to myself, "Man, if I only knew how to make a shelter out of this..."

I hate when that happens!

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

I'd really like to see these taken down. Since that's unlikely to happen just as a personal favor to me, and since it's fair to assume that the poster is a Regina fan, I've come up with a bargain for them, and for you (yes, you).

I took another look at JohnnyC's Spektography and realized that I must have a live recording of "Oh, Marcello!"...somewhere. So here's the deal--if the 1999 demo clips are taken down today, and the three songs stay off the web entirely (this is where you come in--that means no SendMediaShare links either), then I will do what it takes to find Oh, Marcello and get it online by July 4th weekend.

I realize that once the genie is out of the bottle, it's near impossible to force it back in. I also realize that there's nothing to stop someone from reposting the demo songs 5 minutes after Oh, Marcello is online. And I further realize that, if given the choice, Regina would probably prefer that Oh, Marcello not be shared either (along with 90% of the other stuff I've shared over the years). But that's my offer.

Please?

If I may be so bold as to ask (and excuse me if I sound Olde English-y), why would Regina not want Oh, Marcello! shared?

While we would obviously disagree, Reg is probably embarrassed of her older stuff because she's grown so much as an artist.

Example, my mom and I always have little tiffs because she'll hang old artwork of mine around the house. Its stuff that mortifies me because I know I'm leagues better than I was, but she still loves it regardless.

It would have been cool to hear OM!, but apparently we were never going to be allowed to hear the recording anyway.

It's unfortunate that it all came about how it did, but I would have preferred that demo over OM any day.

quote:
Originally posted by Ficky:

I wanted to throw my two cents in to this discussion, and I hope I won't be attacked since I've never posted here before (though I've frequented and read this discussion board for years.)

It seems to me only logical that if the reason Regina didn't want the songs posted was because she wasn't super jazzed about people hearing these songs, then it only follows that she also wouldn't really have wanted Peter Pan to hear them either. But, rather than destroying the tape without ever listening to it, it sounds like he treats the tape like the Holy Grail ("I don't want to start and stop the tape too much, I'm afraid something will happen to it"), listens to it with relish, and then chastises everyone else for "not being considerate" or "respectful." Yes, she didn't say specifically that she didn't want him to listen to it, but then it doesn't sound like he asked her how she felt about him having it or him listening to it. In fact it almost seems like he backed her into a corner and demanded an answer about posting it online when she had already said that it was his and he could do what he wanted with it. Almost like he wanted her to say "don't share it".

Furthermore, all this is taken on his word as "the only person at the concert" that got to speak to Regina. How does anyone know exactly what was said, in what context, and how she really feels about it unless it comes straight from her mouth? She doesn't seem like the type that wouldn't want someone to share. Sorry to be the Doubting Thomas.

All in all, it strikes me that Peter Pan is power-tripping on his self-imposed "ultimate Regina fanboy" status. I think if he's so concerned about how she feels about not having people hear the songs, he should destroy every copy he's got and give the original back to Regina. Furthermore, we should get a list of "approved songs" from Regina - the ones she wants us to hear - and then destroy all the songs not on that list (the gobs of unreleased demos, early work, live recordings, etc.) - take them from our collections and destroy them, delete them, have a huge unapproved-Regina-recordings bonfire. I mean that would only be considerate and respectful since those are things she sort-of probably doesn't really want us to hear when she's backed into a corner and asked about it.

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but I think Peter's really being a jerk. I mean he obviously digitized these songs, and shared them with enough people that someone got a hold of them and posted them. So ultimately the songs got leaked because of what HE did, yet he is pointing the finger at everyone else and saying "you aren't considerate, you aren't respectful." Only HE should get to listen to them and only HE should get to choose who they should be shared with. I think it's crazy and I think that's not what Regina would want at all.

Regina's overarching message seems to be : share the love, be real, be good to each other. We are listening to her unreleased songs not out of disrespect, or negativity, but rather because we really love her music, her creativity, we are listening out of love, and sharing out of love, and despite her sheepishness about her early stuff I don't see how that can be wrong.

i posted the demos, before i posted the demos, i sent them to a lot of people. all of the people in the "secret group" sent the songs to a ton of people.... i do not know jesse, but what jesse did was shit, what i did was considered shit by a lot of you guys, but i did it

and i sort of don't care

but i'm glad the songs are liberated

i would like to apologize a bit to peterpan, i do not think you're a bad person, you obviously spent a lot of money on a great thing and cared enough to find out how regina feels about it

i think that means your nice

i wasn't trying to ruin your (anything)

i think everything is lame though

p.s. if anyone has any hatemail they want to send me without potentially getting banned due to proper swearing or this post being flagged and deleted you can send it here: thelifeafterlife@gmail.com (this wasn't meant to sound so pretentious but, oh well)