Sign in to follow this  
ajalaw

Regina does Glastonbury

Quite the lineup....

The full lineup for the Glastonbury Festival has been announced this week.

The festival will take place on June 26 -28 at the Worthy Farm in England. The concert will be headlined by Bruce Springsteen, Blur, and Neil Young.

There are 11 stages spread throughout the festival: the Queen’s Head, Pyramid, John Peel, Jazz/World, Acoustic, the Park, East Dance, West Dance, Avalon, the Glade, and the Other Stage.

There are a variety of other artists performing. British sensations like the Streets, Lily Allen, Bloc Party, the Ting Tings, and Friendly Fires will be performing. American acts like Fleet Foxes, Regina Spektor, Jason Mraz, Animal Collective, Lady GaGa, and the Virgins will be there. Hip-hop artists like Q-Tip and Dizzee Rascal will be making an appearance too.

Electronic DJs and artists Erol Alkan, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, and Metric will be playing also.

Tickets for the event go on sale soon.

http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/28147.html

Hi all. Long time occassional reader of the forum, finally got out of lazy mode and joined up.

So excited about seeing Regina at Glasto. Why? Never seen her live before. First saw her on this - Regina on Jonathan Ross - and started catching up with her back catalogue. Yes, I was a late starter!

She was one of two artists I really really wanted to see this year (the other being Yeah Yeah Yeahs), and they're both playing Glastonbury! Woohoo!

So. She's got an hour on Friday afternoon. What treats can I expect in a festival set? Does she usually bring a band, or perform solo?

I've got Far pre-ordered on iTunes, so I'll have a few days to listen to the new songs - well, the ones I haven't already heard on Youtube.

Can't wait!