Sign in to follow this  
ajalaw

Regina does Glastonbury

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

Wooohooooo, they're playing Regina performing "US" about 27 minutes into this link! Cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/e...macq_and_Gideon_Coe/

Does anyone know how to make an mp3 out of the performances of "Us" and "Fidelity" that they aired? I'd love to have them with my Far Promo playlist!

Guys, after 3hours of trying I finally succeeded in recording the performance off the BBC website Big Grin The file is huge, needs cropping & editing but it's 4am now! I bet it'll be on youtube by the time I wake up, if not I'll edit my recording and post it. And now excuse me I have to get some sleep...Good night!

quote:
Originally posted by old systemm:

video is here-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbu...tists/reginaspektor/

ah, actually says only 29 mins but shows full set-list below

quote:
Low point: I know that adorning piano arpeggios with vocal olympics is Spektor's schtick, but a bit of variety wouldn't have gone amiss.

Sorry but that's the POINT!!!

Having watched extensive footage of Lady Gaga, half naked on the Glastonbury Stage, bits of Lily Allen, The Ting Tings and Little Boots, I must say that although I perversely enjoyed some of it, undoubtedly the CLASS ACT at Glasto yesterday was REGINA SPEKTOR! Cool

Proper music, superb piano, with violin, cello and drum accompaniment, with Regina herself on TOP FORM! Roll Eyes

Well done for helping to bring Glastonbury to those who could not access the BBC link posted earlier. Smiler

Also what about a big "WELL DONE" to Regina's Band particularly the drummer on Folding Chair! Wink

C'mon you purists, this was NOT a drum machine on Folding Chair on this occasion and didn't the drumming accentuate the beat and the Glastonbury Audience loved Regina's "Beaty" numbers, particularly "Eet". Cool

Ooooops, the BBC Copyright Department has stepped in and blocked the YouTube videos! Eeker

Bad luck to those who missed out seeing our Regina's stunning performance at Glastonbury. Frowner

I still have the YouTube "Folding Chair" here on my computer, but will now lose it when I shut down! Confused