Sign in to follow this  
karen13v

Folding Chair

The BTH version of Apres Moi is most certainly not emotionless! In fact, I think it is one of the most powerful songs she has ever recorded. It is BEYOND amazing

quote:
Originally posted by lina:

so... icon_shifty.gif i'm the only one who hears the horribly flat end note on "i've got a perfect bo-o-o-o-ody"?

it's like nails on a chalkboard to me. D: since she never went

off pitch there live, it is probably not intentional, either.

please tell me i am not the only one who hears it icon_eyespin.gif *eep*

I definitely hear this, though I have no idea if she meant to do it or not.

The other thing I am wondering is whether anyone else is annoyed by the high pitched sound that beeps a few times later in the song. I thought it was something off on the recording we ripped off myspace, but it's on the cd I got yesterday, too ...

For the record, I love this song. It took me awhile to get used to this version, but I like it. I am really happy she recorded it cause it means she will play it live a lot now. Smiler

PS I loved what she said in interviews about how she felt bad for the songs that didn't get picked for the record, some of which have been waiting their turn for a long time.

I thought it was interesting that the producers picked the album selections (or at least she implied that in one interview). She said she offered a bunch of possibilities to each producer, and the producer would choose his favorites.

^^I guess it was easier for her to let somebody else pick. I can't imagine picking 13 songs out of 25 or so while I love each and every one of them equally Roll Eyes

haha! i think in an interview, she said it sounded like she was imitating a dog lmbo

seal makes more sense....

i wonder how this became the sound she used for the dolphins? maybe she wasn't sure how to imitate a dolphin and was gonna work something out but never got around to it.

or she mean "seal song" but it didn't work with the pacing. lol idk.

personally, I think the drums go well with the funkiness (?) of the song...

the only think I don't like is that they changed the ending of the song...

quote:
Originally posted by apolydactyl:

The only thing I don't like about this song is she's actually imitating the sounds of seals NOT dolphins

haha yeah that bothers me too! and yeah i think she said she was "barking like a dolphin" but i've heard her play it live where she actually did sound like a dolphin....something must have gotten lost in translation during recording

Lol^^ I think its a mix of a dog and seal half and half.

Oh and I don't know about you guys but this song kicks ass, the whole thing!!