Sign in to follow this  
sebile

eet!!

Hmmmm, I'm not in love with it. Thats not to say that I don't worship everything Regina but I think this song doesn't floor me because all of the instruments added into ALL of her released songs so far. I am starting to get scared that the entire album will be filled with fake drum beats and the like.

To me Regina is at her best when it is just her and a piano, I don't need anything more, it just seems to get in the way. I can handle a few songs on the album because it brings a change of pace and some pop recognition to Regina, but don't fill up the entire album with it.

All that being said the album recording of Blue Lips is one of my favorite Regina songs

Personally, the only thing that bugs me about this song is how processed her voice sounds. It's especially noticeable when she hits the really high register (e.g. 'words so sweet') - too processed for me, but the rest of the song and production is beautiful.

Maybe when we the higher quality version is released it'll sound a little better, it could be the compression.

Otherwise, love it.

quote:
Originally posted by mk:

Personally, the only thing that bugs me about this song is how processed her voice sounds. It's especially noticeable when she hits the really high register (e.g. 'words so sweet') - too processed for me, but the rest of the song and production is beautiful.

Maybe when we the higher quality version is released it'll sound a little better, it could be the compression.

Otherwise, love it.

Are you suggesting she uses autotune?

quote:
Originally posted by JustinPoll:

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:

Here's a better quality version for you guys! It's 192 kbps, not too bad, but better than itunes!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uqkoxk

May I ask you what's the source of the mp3?

I have a program that rips the audio right from the video source, but it doesn't record it, it rips the embedded audio.

Yeah, I figured that, what I meant was which video you used, the myspace one?

Yes the myspace video

Sorry for the interrogation, mate, but I wanted to make sure before I say this: The source file for both the 96kbps and 192kbps is the same therefore the one you posted is actually the 96kbps encoded into a 192 - the quality isn't better. There is no better audio stream than the 96kbps in the myspace video to begin with. Basically, there is no listenable difference in those mp3s, they are identical.

So, anything purchased from iTunes would be better than both those mp3s.

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

the trees in the Eet video are joshua trees.

Oh they're beautiful!

The trees resembled me the cover because sometimes they are disposed in line, just like the cover. But maybe I'm just obssessed by the cover and the video Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Prejekterinski:

Anyone else see parallels between Eet and Dulce? "The things that used to comfort me don't comfort me, not anymore"

Thoughts?

Interesting... It seems to me that Eet is about inexplicably falling out of love. Sort of a counterpoint to Fidelity.