Sign in to follow this  
sebile

eet!!

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

ok i feel like it's my fault this thread slipped Red Face. that last post was heavy. didn't mean to put everyone off...

so

how about those wavy red thingies in the video?

No, I completely agree with you! If we ask her to cater to our tastes instead of following the direction that her creative instinct is leading her, we won't really have Regina anymore, and that would be a far worse loss than having her do something with her songs that we don't happen to like.

But I love the red wavy things. How about you?

quote:

she doesn't put something out that she doesn't feel, and hating on something that's that important to someone is disrespectful and closed minded.

110% AGREE!!!! In fact, I think I've said those exact words to someone before.

Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to their opinions. In fact, there are a few things or parts of things I haven't "drooled over" immediately myself. But that certainly doesn't stop me from listening over and over and trying to understand what it is that Regina herself might love about a particular song or version of a song.

All too often when she does different things- new stuff, studio stuff, or collaborations, I get the impression that some people feel like it's not really her, or her style, or her idea, so why bother loving it or learning to love it. But I say, whatever it is, it's Regina. They're all parts of her. She only does things that are right and important for her. The way I see it is that if it's important to her, it's important to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Common Loon:

quote:

ok i feel like it's my fault this thread slipped Red Face. that last post was heavy. didn't mean to put everyone off...

so

No, I completely agree with you! If we ask her to cater to our tastes instead of following the direction that her creative instinct is leading her, we won't really have Regina anymore, and that would be a far worse loss than having her do something with her songs that we don't happen to like.

But I love the red wavy things. How about you?

thanks. i felt like such a loser, haha

i was like, "stick it to the man!"

*crickets*

haha anyway,

i don't see the significance of the scarf thing ma bobbers, but i thought they added a nice flair to the video!

quote:

so

actually i agree with everything u said...

Very well said!!

quote:
Originally posted by princeldarion:

quote:

so

actually i agree with everything u said...

Very well said!!

thankies! Smiler

i've never really defended an artist like i do regina. idk, maybe just because i went from being on the "skeptical" side of the fence to straddling it, then one day i was totally knocked off of the fence, to the "die-hard fan" side, and can see the error in judging something or someone too harshly. i was never really one for "appreciating art", you know? now when i hear something that i otherwise would have laughed at, i show respect-if not for the artist's sake, then for the fans'.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

"110% AGREE!!!! In fact, I think I've said those exact words to someone before.

Well, you konw what they say about great minds Razzer

quote:
Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to their opinions. In fact, there are a few things or parts of things I haven't "drooled over" immediately myself. But that certainly doesn't stop me from listening over and over and trying to understand what it is that Regina herself might love about a particular song or version of a song.

All too often when she does different things- new stuff, studio stuff, or collaborations, I get the impression that some people feel like it's not really her, or her style, or her idea, so why bother loving it or learning to love it. But I say, whatever it is, it's Regina. They're all parts of her. She only does things that are right and important for her. The way I see it is that if it's important to her, it's important to me."

that's juuust how i feel! haha it's nice to not feel alone in that. my friends think it's dumb for me to re-listen to songs i dislike. i do the same with tv shows, stand-up comedians, and people i meet(lol). the best stuff takes time to grow on you!

i talk too much....

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water,

that's juuust how i feel! haha it's nice to not feel alone in that. my friends think it's dumb for me to re-listen to songs i dislike. i do the same with tv shows, stand-up comedians, and people i meet(lol). the best stuff takes time to grow on you!

I do the same! More than half of Regina's songs I wasn't crazy about when I first heard them. But I would play them every once in a while and a lot of times they would grow on me or just all of the sudden click. Now I love most of them. There are a couple that I appreciate the lyrics more than the melody.. and vice versa. But I like all her songs for one reason or another. Now I do it with other musicians.. If I don't like a song I'll give it another chance, and it's hard for me to pick on something by any artist unless I do think it's really really bad.

I just made a connection (not sure if this has been brought up before) although I doubt they're actually related.

"EeeEEeeEEeeEEeeEEeeEEeeEEeeEEeeEE-Eet-Eet-Eet" sounds an awful lot like "GorEEEEEeeeet-eet-eet-eet-eet, Awawawaw-aw-aw-aw-aw" from Aprés Moi Razzer

Meh, just something I noticed