Sign in to follow this  
sebile

eet!!

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

It was featured on VH1's 'Tough Love', and some website called 'mylifeisaverage.com'.

I read the post on My Life Is Average just yesterday! Smiler This is what it said:

"Today, while in the shower, I forgot the words to my current favorite song. What was the song? 'Eet' by Regina Spektor. The opening lyrics are 'It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song.' Thanks, Regina. MLIA"

I read the comments, and everyone was saying nice things about Regina, which I hadn't expected. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

"Today, while in the shower, I forgot the words to my current favorite song. What was the song? 'Eet' by Regina Spektor. The opening lyrics are 'It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song.' Thanks, Regina. MLIA"

I read the comments, and everyone was saying nice things about Regina, which I hadn't expected. Smiler

A friend of mine told me about that post and it made me laugh. The story sounds a tad made-up, but whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

The story sounds a tad made-up, but whatever.

I think the majority of the stories at MLIA are made up, but some of them do make me laugh pretty hard. Smiler

quote:

I think the majority of the stories at MLIA are made up, but some of them do make me laugh pretty hard. Smiler

You're probably right. My favorite was something like "Today in class we were studying Romeo and Juliet and a cheerleader said, 'Hey Shakespeare copied this from that Taylor Swift song!' Never again will I question high school stereotypes."

quote:

quote:

The story sounds a tad made-up, but whatever.

i don't know guys, this exact thing has actually happened to me! it resulted in much head-smacking. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

i don't know guys, this exact thing has actually happened to me! it resulted in much head-smacking. Big Grin

Well lyric memorization is my only real skill in life, so I guess that's why I'm less understanding. I did, however, forget the melody a few times during the days after first hearing the song.

I feel like I haven't seen you on the forum in the while. Is it just my imagination, or were you gone?

quote:

I feel like I haven't seen you on the forum in the while. Is it just my imagination, or were you gone?

yeah, i was lurking a bit, but pretty busy with the college life and i actually just got back from italy (!!) so i haven't posted in forever. but don't worry, i'm still alive! Wink

haha, i seem to have a knack for getting off topic on threads unintentionally anyway...lol.

italy was amazing, it was actually an art history class over my winter break (which basically means an italy vacation with the best tourguide EVER with you at all times haha).

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

quote:

yeah, i was lurking a bit, but pretty busy with the college life and i actually just got back from italy (!!) so i haven't posted in forever. but don't worry, i'm still alive! Wink

Hey! What a coincidence. I just got back from italy too! Where did you live exactly?