Sign in to follow this  
sebile

eet!!

quote:
Originally posted by tourniquet737:

What a pleasant surprise! All the press about this song made me think I'd hate it...like a super r&b version of "Edit" with vocal percussion and spastic orchestration. I didn't expect a thoughtful tune at all!

Whoever produced this is great. This is how I imagined the album would sound. I hope this is the kind of subtle instrumentation they add t "Human of the Year" (and what I wish they did to "Blue Lips").

The only thing that could make this song better is a few drinks and a heart-to-heart with a friend.

Is that the same background that was used in "Better?"

exactly! this is how I wanted blue lips to be and how i expected the "extra" stuff to be implemented into her songs. i reallyyyy hope human is this good

quote:
and did anyone else notice the heartbeats at the beginning of the song? cause I first I thought it was just my heart beating really loudly, but then I realized it was just part of the song. lol

yeah, i'm a sucker for a good heartbeat at the beginning of a song. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

He hears that outside a small boy is starting to cry

I think it sounds more like "has just started to cry" Smiler

so far eet is the only song I feel ambiguous of:

I love the high piano notes but the rest of the arrangement is too pop/poprock/common/unpersonal/cold if you know what I mean. Loved the production of the other songs but I think Eet would sound better with a different drummer. The beat doesn't add any emotion to it, on the contrary it ruins it. Personal highlight is the very end when reg whispers "beat". I think it's a very good song but I feel it needs a different touch.

about the video: Love it! But it's the same dress she wore on jools - I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Overall she reminds me of Evita - the hairstyle, lipstick, dark dress. Whoever was behind the cam did a very nice job - the scenes are lovely.

Ten replays so far and am liking it more and more with each listen but my overall opinion is very unlikely to change.

And hey, songmeanings anyone? I think it's about someone who's shutting him/herself away from the world...Or something...But I'm really not thinking clearly right now.