Sign in to follow this  
sebile

eet!!

quote:
Originally posted by Mumrik:

quote:
Originally posted by HFLAbob:

quote:
And hey, songmeanings anyone? I think it's about someone who's shutting him/herself away from the world...Or something...But I'm really not thinking clearly right now.

Ok, so this is my take, it seems to make sense, albeit a tad cliche, but w/e. it's like the end of a relationship, and when the relationship was good, it was like your favorite song, and you lose yourself in it and sing along and tap your feet to the beat, but then one day you realize the song has lost it's power over you, and the third verse doesn't really make sense with that so i guess i'm probably wrong but w/e.

the meaning isn't that important anyways, cuz the song rocks.

Yeah, that sounds pretty convincing. But I still have no idea what the stealing/crying part means. It's kinda like three little stories in one song. But that's just my opinion.

To me the stealing/crying bit was like the guy is stealing most likely because he's hard off, he has a lot of shit in his life to lead him to do this (and he obviously feels remorseful about it since he wants fresh air), then he hears a kid crying over something so trivial as not getting his turn. Its about growing up, seeing the big picture of life and realizing how silly it is to gripe about small things.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

quote:
Originally posted by Mumrik:

quote:
Originally posted by HFLAbob:

quote:
And hey, songmeanings anyone? I think it's about someone who's shutting him/herself away from the world...Or something...But I'm really not thinking clearly right now.

Ok, so this is my take, it seems to make sense, albeit a tad cliche, but w/e. it's like the end of a relationship, and when the relationship was good, it was like your favorite song, and you lose yourself in it and sing along and tap your feet to the beat, but then one day you realize the song has lost it's power over you, and the third verse doesn't really make sense with that so i guess i'm probably wrong but w/e.

the meaning isn't that important anyways, cuz the song rocks.

Yeah, that sounds pretty convincing. But I still have no idea what the stealing/crying part means. It's kinda like three little stories in one song. But that's just my opinion.

To me the stealing/crying bit was like the guy is stealing most likely because he's hard off, he has a lot of shit in his life to lead him to do this (and he obviously feels remorseful about it since he wants fresh air), then he hears a kid crying over something so trivial as not getting his turn. Its about growing up, seeing the big picture of life and realizing how silly it is to gripe about small things.

Thank you Smiler I shouldn't even try to think about this kinda stuff today.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

The piano "solo" kind of reminds me of the piano in Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

You are slowly becoming my favourite person - you're absolutely right!

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

The piano "solo" kind of reminds me of the piano in Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

You are slowly becoming my favourite person - you're absolutely right!

Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Zanysteve:

With the new songs released , Regina seems to be maturing as person.They have a more mature sense to them.

i totally agree with you there! and i'm loving it, because she's still able to retain that childish-but-not-a-kid quallity. Razzer

was anyone else hoping and praying that she'd totally /belt/ this song by the end? Like, tear it to shreds with that voice?

anyway, I

LOVE

THIS

SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the video's cool, and abt the song meaning? my personal opinion is based on the fact that when the vid started, i'd have sworn up and down she was dressed as an immigrant, (lol) and that got me thinking.

so, maybe it's about someone who's been in the same position as Reg (or it's about her herself, of course) traveling to a totally new place, but still working hard to hold on to the old instead of embracing their current life/surroundings.

(You spent half of your life trying to fall behind

You're using your headphones to drown out your mind).

Then one day they realize that the old is slipping away...

(It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song

You can't believe it, you were always singing along)

...and they're isolated from the new.

as for the boys, i think that's a typical Reg verse thrown in there to add to the mental picture/vibe of the song, with little significance to the true meaning.

(because i can't fit them in there any other way. Big Grin )

did i mention how much i love. this song? wow. i think it would make a better single than Laughing With. and that's really saying something.

oh, and i agree that the beginning heartbeats are awesome (samson, anyone?) but my favorite part of the song is just how her voice mingles with her piano on the "it's like forgetting..." part. it sounds sooo cool for some reasonor another.

long post, geez! sorry, guys *blushes*