LittleVoice

LAUGHING WITH GOD

This is very well said. I don't think one needs to believe in a hereafter, btw, to get solace from the view that there is something bigger than human beings plowing away.

In any event, the idea that this comforts some and not others makes neither side right.

quote:
Originally posted by BeLikeA*cloud*:

This is just my opinion…

Organized religion is no doubt confusing! But, for a lot of people, I think having a church to pray at and a god to watch over us, is much easier then thinking about what else could be out there… its less scary…

There is only so much that our small human minds can comprehend… so, there is no way of telling what else is out there.. I guess that by itself is a little hard for some to grasp… people want to feel like they are here for a purpose and that THIS isn’t the end.. im guessing that religion helps people with this…

I for one, think this is our purpose…

•I think we are a bunch of bacteria growing on the earth… we have been infesting her for some time now… and we just keep reproducing, it’s all we know… & as for what happens next, ill just wait and see…

Btw… I have never been a religious person.. my family didn’t raise me to be... So sorry if anyone takes offence to wat I said.

I don’t like to share cups with strangers either!!!! ***a response to the first post***

quote:

This is just my opinion…

Organized religion is no doubt confusing! But, for a lot of people, I think having a church to pray at and a god to watch over us, is much easier then thinking about what else could be out there… its less scary…

There is only so much that our small human minds can comprehend… so, there is no way of telling what else is out there.. I guess that by itself is a little hard for some to grasp… people want to feel like they are here for a purpose and that THIS isn’t the end.. im guessing that religion helps people with this…

I for one, think this is our purpose…

•I think we are a bunch of bacteria growing on the earth… we have been infesting her for some time now… and we just keep reproducing, it’s all we know… & as for what happens next, ill just wait and see…

Btw… I have never been a religious person.. my family didn’t raise me to be... So sorry if anyone takes offence to wat I said.

I don’t like to share cups with strangers either!!!! ***a response to the first post***

Wow oh wow. What anti-humanist you are. That is not how Reg would see it at all. Would bacteria put men on the moon? Create the internet that you are typing your vicious screed on?

How about "to each there own"... i'm sorry that i offended you.. i was just throwing my opinion out there, just like regina does... it may not be what regina would like to hear or say herself, but its an OPINION...

I feel that you are missing the point of what im trying to say... It was not meant to degrade our species.. its just the honest way i feel... we are only human.. we havent even been around as long as the earth... the earth has its own system that we can try to understand, but in reality, we will probably never know anything "for sure"... we live, love, learn, reproduce, & die... science changes all the time.. just like how they found a new element for the periodic table... maybe you could just call some of us part of an "advanced" bacteria... Smiler

oh yeah.. and about sending people to the moon... my opinion of that is... we as a bacteria have been infecting the earth so long, it was only a matter of time that we started to infect the planets around us...

"to each there own" - which i said already...

i know that my theory probably is not how it actually is... but, i also know that no one elses theory prob is either...

quote:

How about "to each there own"... i'm sorry that i offended you.. i was just throwing my opinion out there, just like regina does... it may not be what regina would like to hear or say herself, but its an OPINION...

I feel that you are missing the point of what im trying to say... It was not meant to degrade our species.. its just the honest way i feel... we are only human.. we havent even been around as long as the earth... the earth has its own system that we can try to understand, but in reality, we will probably never know anything "for sure"... we live, love, learn, reproduce, & die... science changes all the time.. just like how they found a new element for the periodic table... maybe you could just call some of us part of an "advanced" bacteria... Smiler

oh yeah.. and about sending people to the moon... my opinion of that is... we as a bacteria have been infecting the earth so long, it was only a matter of time that we started to infect the planets around us...

"to each there own" - which i said already...

i know that my theory probably is not how it actually is... but, i also know that no one elses theory prob is either...

Your bacteria analogy just doesn't fly. Bacteria simply operate and reproduce according to a plan that is unalterable. Human beings have free will, which separates us from even the other primates. I suggest you study some evolution rather then just spouting nonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Your bacteria analogy just doesn't fly. Bacteria simply operate and reproduce according to a plan that is unalterable. Human beings have free will, which separates us from even the other primates. I suggest you study some evolution rather then just spouting nonsense.

i think you are taking be like a cloud's analogy too literally. obviously we aren't ACTUALLY bacteria. he/she/whatever is trying to say our species mimics their behavior in certain ways. i don't know if i agree, but i can see what they are saying.

on a side note, i still think you mean virus as opposed to bacteria. multiplying in a certain place until the only option left is to spread. bacteria just kind of hang out...they come to an equilibrium with their surroundings. we don't do that.

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

i think you are taking be like a cloud's analogy too literally. obviously we aren't ACTUALLY bacteria. he/she/whatever is trying to say our species mimics their behavior in certain ways. i don't know if i agree, but i can see what they are saying.

on a side note, i still think you mean virus as opposed to bacteria. multiplying in a certain place until the only option left is to spread. bacteria just kind of hang out...they come to an equilibrium with their surroundings. we don't do that.

Now you're saying you agree with Agent Smith from the Matrix:

quote:
Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

^^lmao. yes, i did say that a page ago. but thanks for re-quoting, haha! and no, i don't agree- but i do think that is the analogy be like a cloud is trying to make.

quote:

LOL. i just watched the matrix last night, that is almost exactly what agent smith says to morpheus. except in his version we are viruses. i don't know if that was intentional, but kudos anyway! Razzer

quote:

^^lmao. yes, i did say that a page ago. but thanks for re-quoting, haha! and no, i don't agree- but i do think that is the analogy be like a cloud is trying to make.

quote:

LOL. i just watched the matrix last night, that is almost exactly what agent smith says to morpheus. except in his version we are viruses. i don't know if that was intentional, but kudos anyway! Razzer

The thing is humanity has the capability to transcend our pure biological imperatives. We can use contraception and practice other birth control means to control overpopulation. We are cleaning up our environmental messes. We have methods of cleaner electricity generation(i.e nuclear). Could a parasitic species create art? Reg is proof enough that we are not a virus.

quote:
Originally posted by addiction to hands&feet

Didn't Ghandi say something along the lines of, "For every person on earth there is a religion"? That's what i believe.

Wow. I have never heard that particular quote before, but that is "just it", I reckon.

quote:
Originally posted by SocksOnRight:

quote:
Originally posted by addiction to hands&feet

Didn't Ghandi say something along the lines of, "For every person on earth there is a religion"? That's what i believe.

Wow. I have never heard that particular quote before, but that is "just it", I reckon.

John Lennon was smarter then Ghandi. "Imagine no religion".