Sign in to follow this  
Superchibisan

Has anyone seen Lady GaGa?

Recommended Posts

Gaga pisses me off with her whole shtick/pose. My god be more original. David Bowie has done this all before. Madonna has done the dancing better. She does have musical talent, she just needs to stop with this "Haus of Gaga" nonsense and become a true musician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there's anyone like gaga in contemporary pop music scene. Everything in music has already been done. I don't think anyone today can be really original. I don't see the comparison with Bowie but gaga doesn't copy one person. She is kind of a mixture + she has an incredible voice and is able to compose some good tunes. Her costumes are utter fun to look at! She's not "original" but give me one present example of who is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Gaga pisses me off with her whole shtick/pose. My god be more original. David Bowie has done this all before. Madonna has done the dancing better. She does have musical talent, she just needs to stop with this "Haus of Gaga" nonsense and become a true musician.

heehee this is why i always enjoy reading ML's posts. he says what he wants, no bullsh*t involved.

always entertains me.

to me she is just the latest trend, another female artist that has made it big. but really, like ML said, i might like her a bit more if she would act normal instead of all these facades. its like you have to get ready to eat a pile of unrealistic-ness to get to her music, which also can be unrealistic at times.

come back to earth, and maybe id like you more? just not a fan as of late.

just posted cos it came on the radio in the tennis court Razzer otherwise everything is fun. im on a friends laptop so i can stay on longer yay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Gaga pisses me off with her whole shtick/pose. My god be more original. David Bowie has done this all before. Madonna has done the dancing better. She does have musical talent, she just needs to stop with this "Haus of Gaga" nonsense and become a true musician.

heehee this is why i always enjoy reading ML's posts. he says what he wants, no bullsh*t involved.

always entertains me.

to me she is just the latest trend, another female artist that has made it big. but really, like ML said, i might like her a bit more if she would act normal instead of all these facades. its like you have to get ready to eat a pile of unrealistic-ness to get to her music, which also can be unrealistic at times.

come back to earth, and maybe id like you more? just not a fan as of late.

just posted cos it came on the radio in the tennis court Razzer otherwise everything is fun. im on a friends laptop so i can stay on longer yay

I'm always going to tell it like it is. No point in being politically correct in times like this! Bad music must be eliminated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by addiction to hands&feet:

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

She's not "original" but give me one present example of who is.

REGINA SPEKTOR

duhhhhh Big Grin

but yeah, i feel ya.

WORD UP!! haha, good call.

and about Lady Gaga, i'm not personally a huge fan, but her acoustic is better i guess. i feel like the songs are entertaining musically, but the lyrics fall so flat when they aren't with their dance beat. they sound just plain silly, because they were so obviously not meant for that genre.

but otherwise, i have no problem with her Regina-ish tendencies: after all, Regina does not own glottal stops or snapping or whatever, and they work well in breaking up the song to make it interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

quote:
Originally posted by addiction to hands&feet:

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

She's not "original" but give me one present example of who is.

REGINA SPEKTOR

duhhhhh Big Grin

but yeah, i feel ya.

WORD UP!! haha, good call.

Big Grin How stupid of me! But you know what I've meant...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, basically, i was saying that gaga is ripping off regina's style, prose, song performance, and general ideas.

gaga is a hack imo. regina is where its at. true stream of consciousness music, not this pre-bottled crap gaga comes up with.

and im not trolling. this is a rant forum? im ranting about people ripping off my dear regina. i don't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this