Sign in to follow this  
Superchibisan

Has anyone seen Lady GaGa?

How long do you guys think her success can possibly last? Will she have the longevity of Madonna, or will she crash and burn at some point?

Personally, I think she's far too fascinating of a persona and too unpredictable of an artist to truly disappear anytime soon.

I don't really like her music, but looking at the numbers, she's clearly doing something right.

Hmm, I think that's something that cannot be predicted especially with pop artists. It's going to be very difficult to duplicate the success of Pokerface.

True... But does she even have to? She could never have a hit even half that size again and do just fine.

I'm usually pretty bad at predicting these things... I had Katy Perry pegged as a one-hit wonder, and I thought Taylor Swift would never really take off.

If you look at Madonna's singles (wiki) you'll see that she has had one or more successfull singles out of every album. I think that's what kept her on top. Nobody would remember her solely because of Like a virgin no matter how big a hit it was. If Lady Gaga doesn't have more Pokerfaces she's going to end up forgotten. I'd be a shame though - I like her (when I'm not forced to hear her speak because then I realize how dumb that girl actually is).

I don't think she will have any problems replicating her success. She's very creative. Also, I know she tends to say some outlandish things during interviews, but I don't think she's "dumb". It's all very put on and for the sake of entertainment.