Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyC

Face The Music / Jeff Lynne

quote:
Originally posted by Ramen:

While I agree with you bullet points, it will NOT be a serious tumble in her career.. this new album will attract more fans. I can't wait to see her in concert again Big Grin

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Whatever one thinks of the production and different arrangements, overall the album is quite pop-oriented and would attract a wide audience.

I would think the potential for hit singles on this album is great.

Hmm, don't think Far is more pop-oriented than BTH. For me, after listening to SK, BTH was a huge shock. So far, Far to me is a step away from the pop scene. Nothing so catchy/repetitive like Fidelity, Better, On the Radio (don't get me wrong, I like those songs but compared to others they are quite simple and pop-like).

I was reading some of Regina's old myspace entries. She was referring to Begin to Hope but I think after reading this, some of you will have a different perspective on saying that other people are influencing the music that she is creating and how her music has changed:

"Don't think i haven't noticed the petitte hurricane of thoughts and feelings that has errupted about the new music i put up a few days ago. It is fascinating to behold that much varied response. The me within me is smiling. I am, on the one hand, glad that people take that much ownership of my work, and on the other, overwhelmed. I guess there is not much for me to say except that i only make music i love and care about. I make it all myself with help from people i love and care about. No one makes me do anything. Ever. (Ask my parents.) So no more of this "what did 'they' do to you!' stuff, kids. They the label? Big Brother? The government? Well...sarcasm... how i love you... but what i guess I am trying to say is that i am proud of all the work i have done on this record, and that if for some reason it makes you happy or upsets you, either way, it is i who did it. Not "they". Me. With a lot of help and inspiration from David Kahne, who is amazing. And even though, just like any song writer, i always hope my songs will find nice homes and people to belong to, it would be a lie for me to say that's what i do it for. The thing is, i will always do watever the fuck i want, and it's because i care about and respect music/all of you/us/myself... And at the end of the day, remember. This is also why i am not a doctor. I just want to make things and use my heart and brain and self in the process. There are no lives at stake here. It's bloodless. It's music. At the end of the day it's just rock n roll... and i send you all huge- HUGE- hugs... Be well my friends, and stay as passionate as you are. Put yourselves out there, have fun, be serious, care, do things how you want them done, change your mind, choose for yourselves, and i will try to do the same. With utmost respect and gratitude-

your local controvesial singer du jour,

regina "