Sign in to follow this  
Appt

Why You Joined?...Introduction

There's a lot going on around Regina and the Stix lately - new album and the demo tape drama. I noticed that a lot of new members emerged from the shadows, including me Smiler I also noticed that some of us introduced themselves quite badly mainly in the demo tape thread.

In light of recent events I believe that not only I am interested in why you joined the Stix? Are you all new to this forum or were you lurking for some time before going active? How long are into Reg? Is there anyone to talk to about your obsession with Reg or is the Stix your haven?

Newbies let's get to know each other!

There's a lot going on around Regina and the Stix lately - new album and the demo tape drama. I noticed that a lot of new members emerged from the shadows, including me Smiler I also noticed that some of us introduced themselves quite badly mainly in the demo tape thread.

In light of recent events I believe that not only I am interested in why you joined the Stix? Are you all new to this forum or were you lurking for some time before going active? How long are into Reg? Is there anyone to talk to about your obsession with Reg or is the Stix your haven?

Newbies let's get to know each other!

I'll start: I've been lurking the forum for nearly 3 years before going active when the news of far broke out. During those three years I was checking the forum daily-ish for reg-related news. Though I wasn't really interested in anything but live show downloads and new song/album info I got a feeling that Stix is a friendly place filled with nice, smart people. That's basically why I joined. There are fan forums with people swearing, being rude to one another and overall not being very welcoming. Despite the demo tape thingy (but I can't really blame anyone but my naivety - I followed the issue from the first post and had no idea anyone but peter pan heard the songs, then I was like "of course, I would do the same, I have to stop being so fraking in denial"Smiler)) I think Stix is one of the best fan forums around and Reg is very lucky to have such fans!

I got into Reg through Marry Anne meets... namely the song Oedipus in 2006 and know absolutely no one who likes regina so Stix is definitely my haven.

Hi, I lurked for a couple months in the forms around January or February of this year. A month ago I joined because I wanted to put my thoughts in about the album news. I also wanted to be a part of this great community full of great people. I did not have any idea of the demo tape thingy until it came up because it got leaked.

I lurked for a few months and decided to join because I think message boards are a wonderful way to connect with other fans and share. I've learned a lot about Regina from the links and info shared on this board. People are amazing at tracking down links to articles and interviews. I love reading tidbits about Regina.

Im not really that new but anywhim. I think I lurked for like a day. I actually do not remember Razzer but I wasnt a lurker. I just kinda popped my head in and started posting willy-nilly. No proper introduction or anything. A bit like someone that pops their head in on other peoples photos. I think I had discovered the greatness that is Regina a while before I came across this forum. not that long though, I think around the end of 2007. I must have been on a reg binge or something and stumbled upon brumstix and saw that it was a place that wouldnt conclude that I was insane for worshiping this woman so much. I had done my fair amount of borderline stalker behaviour in finding loads of songs and interviews and general info, but I discovered this place was a minefield of regness. So I had to get in on it.

i think either 3 or 4 years ago, I went to the performance of a family friend in which she performed many songs. One especially caught my attention because it invovled stomping, clapping and singing all at once and i thought it was just great. The song was Flyin'... so i looked in the program of the performance for who the song was by and looked it up on itunes when i got home. Its funny to be because the first song/album i discovered was Flyin'/11:11 which is sorta random considering BTH was either just out or about to come out by that time.

anyway, at the beginning I only had a few regina songs and didn't listen to them that much. but about a year later, i remember i turned on Chemo Limo randomly on my ipod and was struck by its awesome bizzareness and amazingness at once. I also recall listening to *** and your honor and being like wtf? I think thats when the obsession began. i guess most of that belongs in the "how you got into regina thread" so i'll move onto the stix now.

i saw this place a few times since then but never really looked at it much. But probably around 6 months ago, i started lurking a lot... haha... like a creeper...no, just kidding, but anyways... i actually joined a few months ago with a different name but then forgot the password and never posted. I tried to resist joining because honestly the idea of writing to strangers over the internet weirded me out a bit. i thought it was a waste of time. but after a while, i decided that if i couldn't keep myself from reading other people's posts anyway, i might as well participate. and besides, everyone on here seemed great! i wanted to be in on the fun! and that is why i joined the stix Smiler

also because i think my friends and family are annoyed by how much regina is mentioned haha. i figured that maybe if i could talk to people who actually care about her stuff, i wouldn't have to annoy those who don't. but it has actually turned out to be the opposite. now that i am so informed, i have to rush and tell everyone everything... i've gotten my mom and cousin pretty into reg and it makes me uber happy when i go to play a song for my mom and she goes "yeah, I've listened to this one. its great!" (because someone gave her an ipod, so she just uses all my music for it! wwwooooooo!!!) and my brother loves ben folds so at least you don't know me is common ground hehehehehhe. so no one shares my obsession (thats what you guys are for!) but some friends and family like her. the end. wow thats long! my deepest apologies

Hi everyone! i looked around on here once or twice within 2005-2008, and instantly got the impression that Brumstix was a forum for Regina's friends and prob. family, having personal conversations that i shouldn't butt into.

then one day i got bored, and decided to lurk (lol). i enjoyed reading what everyone had to say. so much so that i wound up being on here for like 5 hours straight haha. and after that i basically was on here at least 3-5 times a week, just reading. i was terrified at the idea of actually joining because this just seems like such a close-knit group, and maybe i'd be the noob that everyone sort of resents or something.

so, long story short, i ultimately decided to stick my fat head into conversations after all, and i'm sooo glad i did. because everyone here really is like a family, but a patchwork family. different countries, backgrounds, and voices, but there's a lot of (non-creepy) love, and so much honesty and respect for the fellow Reg fan, that i'd want to join even if i weren't into Regina!! (run-on sentence, anyone?)

soo, pretty much i got into Regina a few years ago. i first found her music amusing and crazy but now i think she's a genius and i won't shut up about her. lol my family should count all of you guys as a blessing, considering how much Regina-loving venting i release on the Stix! (you're a blessing because otherwise i'd be releasing it all on them, in case that wasn't clear lol)

and of course i love being totally, like, typical teenage girl obsessed with you guys, because you actually agree, rather than telling me to "shut up about her already." lol

i think i might've topped you, Silver Bullet Trailer in the wordy department haha

i'm good for that here, though; i talk a lot on the Stix. everywhere else, i usually have nothing to say...

EDIT: Nope. your message was even longer than i thought!