Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

Vote for Regina's Laughing With on the VH1 countdown!

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

you know what, screw this damn show! it all rigged! i'm done voting, you guys can do whatever you want. here was the videos that made it and their rating:

1. Green Day- 21 Guns (FIREBALL)

2. Taylor Swift- You Belong With Me (THERMOMETER)

3. Safetysuit- Stay (FIREBALL)

4. Jordin Sparks- Battlefield (THERMOMETER)

5. Daughtry- No Surprise (FIREBALL)

6. Rob Thomas- Her Diamonds (FIREBALL)

7. Kelly Clarkson- Already Gone (FIREBALL)

8. Linkin Park- New Divide (THERMOMETER)

9.Shakira- She Wolf (FIREBALL)

10. Parachute- She is Love (FIREBALL)

11. Beyoncé- Sweet Dreams (THERMOMETER)

12. Lady Gaga- LoveGame (THERMOMETER)

13- Kings Of Leon- Use Somebody (THERMOMETER)

14- Colbie Caillat- Fallin' For You (FIREBALL)

15. Paolo Nutini- Candy (FIREBALL)

16. Keri Hilson- Knock You Down (THERMOMETER)

17. 3 Doors Down- Let Me Be Myself (THERMOMETER)

18. Katy Perry- Waking Up In Vegas (THERMOMETER)

19. David Cook- Come Back To Me (FIREBALL)

20- Michael Franti & Spearhead- Say Hey (ICECUBE)

IT'S ALL FUCKING MIXED UP! Mad

Hopefully you guys will all see now how messed up this. And by the way Regina was a THERMOMETER! She should have at least made it to 20.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the surprise? Have you heard those songs? They practically ooze pop-flavor, aka, Radio-Stations-Love-Them flavor [it's expensive just for a one-scoop at Ben & Jerry's]

Aside from maybe Michael Franti, I don't personally like anything on that list, but come on, I don't think I'm being at all cynical when I say I'm not exactly surprised.

same here, srgcampsalot.

think about how this would add up, anyway: Mainstream music listeners would gravitate toward VH1 Top 20.

Regina Spektor listeners don't tend to fall into that category.

Therefore, those voting Reg into this countdown are those who are actively going out of their way to get her into the count. on a show they don't watch. i can't speak for all of Regina fandom, but if it weren't for the Stix, the thought of voting wouldn't have entered my mind, and most non-chatroom reginites are probably the same way. So those voting are remarkably few in number.

Now, we've gotten her close to the top. But what does that mean? I'm guessing that vh1 looks into vote frequency ("how badly do individuals want their artist at the top?"), number of CPUs being used to vote for individual candidates ("how many individuals want this artist at the top?"), and, of course, sheer number of votes (net result of a week's effort may matter. Maybe.).

Therefore, I'm guessing we'd get greater results from voting 5 times in a row as quickly as the website would allow, than we would get from spacing out those 5 votes over the course of a day (casual timing means it's not urgent that Reg get to the top /this/ week.).

And probably greater results still to vote once from each of five computers, than 5 times on a single CPU, no matter /how/ quickly those votes flew into their system (five somewhat interrested viewers are better than one fanatic).

Still, Regina's up there. She's /right/ up there. So i'd say, continue to vote. Cause we're not just one fanatic. We're /lots/ of fanatics. And the more we insist on Regina, the more likely vh1 is to cave. if we get close and quit, it'll be absolutely detrimental to this process. vh1 is how i first really got into regina, and i'm hoping that others will be able to say the same this time around!

I'm sure the system is automated. The website let's us vote more than once because laws of marketing say you'll look around when voting every day & absorb some advertising. However, the system probably admits only one vote per IP per week. Which means Regina is getting very few votes. It's logical and understandable. If it wasn't like this the charts would be occupied by things that don't really reflect the VH1 viewer - like we are, others wants their favourite to be on the top. I'd be mayhem Smiler After seeing the results and knowing how much some of us voted, I think, this is the only plausible explanation.

This vh1 thing was so rigged......I mean seriously its so obvious it was. Ne and ricky were really pissed off about it and I still am, sigh ......Laughing With is the best music video of the year so far. I seriously voted like 20 times for it to be number 1. I am sure we all did.