Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsHowItWorks

Regina's Recurring Motifs

Haha I've had the same problem before. I always click "Quote" instead.

I think your video is great! I'm sure regina loved hearing the Beatles' music over pictures of her childhood, as the band has had such an influence on her musical identity. I see you put a lot of effort into this! So many people wishing her a happy birthday. Even a cat. Smiler

I hope someday she'll go back to Russia and the Ukraine so you can meet her.

Thank you, Jared! Smiler Yep, we all know that she likes The Beatles alot, so we decided to use it as a music background to the video and choise appropriate songs. So nice to hear you liked it! Smiler Hehe yea, and there is a dog even! Big Grin This video composed my friend Yulia, who is also here on Brumstix, so i haven't seen a dog till i watched it all, hehe it was pretty funny to see it. Smiler

Thank you again, Jared, we hope so much too she'll visit us one lovely day!

quote:
Originally posted by jellybeanjules:

you should add Making Records to Drinking/Drunk Smiler

Thanks! I've also added "Future" (which someone suggested way back on the first page and I never noticed) and "Intercourse, Pressure to Have," which includes "Flyin'" (one of 'em took me with him to sleep, said not to make a peep...) and Dusseldorf (came into my bed and he knew no boundaries.)

quote:
Originally posted by SmallTownMoon:

I refuse to believe that Dance Anthem is about prostitution.

I agree...I don't think Dance Anthem should be included under the "prostitution" category because it seems like it's open to interpretation.

^^ I see where you're coming from, but my thought is that whether or not the song (or even that particular verse) is actually about prostitution, the combination of the lines "I am walking through the city" and "but the cars don't stop" create a parallel to prostitution that is impossible to ignore. Many entries in this index are up for interpretation, so there's really no way for this to be definitive. I guess my point is that if someone were to think, "Which regina songs mention prostitution?" and came to this thread to find out, it's not dishonest to present Dance Anthem as a possibility for them to consider.

For the sake of democracy, I'll gladly remove the entry if I'm in the minority on the issue.

Edit: Just added to the index is "Apres Moi" to "Literature/Bible." I'm surprised I missed this one: the lengthy quote from Russian poetry and the use of the structure of the Beatitudes make it a perfect candidate for this category.

I don't know if this has been mentionned already, but Regina mentions statues as well in Baby Jesus and Us (and maybe other songs too?). i just downloaded the spektography onto my computer and realised there are many songs I haven't even listened to yet.

Yeah! I love that feeling of incompletude!

^ In Rockland Country she mentions the statue of Liberty and in All The Rowboats she mentions a sculpture...

And I love that feeling too, there are still so much songs of Regina that I have yet to hear and that's very exciting. I like to take my time for every song because every single one is so special. Yay for Regina's productiveness! Big Grin