quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Here's another review, not all bad:

http://www.expressnightout.com...gina_spektor_far.php

quote:
You absolutely despise Tori Amos.

For the most part, Spektor integrates other instrumentation with her piano to make "Far" sound contemporary. For example, the prominent tuba on "Two Birds" makes the song. When she forgoes these additions, however, she often sounds very much like fellow piano based singer-songwriter Amos, most noticeably on "Eet" on which she trills in an uncanny Tori impersonation.

Honestly is it a slur to be compared with Tori Amos? I consider Tori to be a musical genius and to be in the same company is a compliment.

What the hell? Her vocals on Eet sound nothing like Tori's vocals.

That person must. be. tonedeaf.

Even the piano doesn't sound anything like Tori has done. But overall yeah, you can hear Tori in some of Reg's piano stylings - "Laughing With" has been compared to "A Sorta Fairytale".

Just for the chords, not for the actual composition.

Their piano playing really isn't very similar at all. Ever.

I love Reg and I love T, but apart from being two women who sing and play piano and were classically trained, their music isn't very similar. Yes, you could go on and on about obtuse similarities (omg, Tori has a song called "Hotel" and Regina has "Hotel Song," Reg must be inspired by Tori!!! No.)

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet. But I HIGHLY suggest avoiding Pitchfork, I've always felt like those people have their heads up their own asses anyway and rarely agree with their "top picks" but this review is just ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

OH MY GOD. Discusting. I feel they not only attacked her music, but attacked her personaly. Like her personality AND TELLING HER TO GROW UP?? WHAT THE FUCK. obviously Michael Idov has lost all of his innocence and remnents of loving life and is jealous of reginas carefree loving nature.

eww yuck. Calling her obnoxious?? That review was the worst yet, just pure evil. The last sentence? wtf! Mad

STAY AWAY. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED, now its 3 am and I'm heated Mad

It truly is a personal attack, hardly any mention of the actual music is present amongst the making fun of Regina's personality. Ok, we get it, you're oh so mature. Well enjoy your black coffee and pretentious music, I'm going to go enjoy my pink and blue-spotted flower.

I have enough cynicism running in my veins already, Regina's openness and optimism is wondrous and unique. I hope she never loses it, despite the things assholes like him might say.

quote:

It truly is a personal attack, hardly any mention of the actual music is present amongst the making fun of Regina's personality. Ok, we get it, you're oh so mature. Well enjoy your black coffee and pretentious music, I'm going to go enjoy my pink and blue-spotted flower.

I have enough cynicism running in my veins already, Regina's openness and optimism is wondrous and unique. I hope she never loses it, despite the things assholes like him might say.

I love Far and I also listen to Philip Glass. Does that make me a pretentious idiot? Those stuck up types who think it's an either/or need to grow the hell up.

quote:
Well enjoy your black coffee and pretentious music, I'm going to go enjoy my pink and blue-spotted flower.

Couldn't have been said better...

New signature? Smiler I think yes

quote:

I agree, they attacked HER, as in Regina, more in that article than the music which they hardly spoke at all.

Regina reminds me of that pure joy you get when you're young during the holiday season. It's unexplainable and the purest form of happiness. And people loose that, so easily. It seems she always has it and has never lost it. A fascination with more than trivial things. Assholes could never destroy that, she's so much deeper.

We love you Regina

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:
Well enjoy your black coffee and pretentious music, I'm going to go enjoy my pink and blue-spotted flower.

Couldn't have been said better...

New signature? Smiler I think yes

hehe glad you like it. Razzer