Sign in to follow this  
TheTune

Review of "Far"

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

It truly is a personal attack, hardly any mention of the actual music is present amongst the making fun of Regina's personality. Ok, we get it, you're oh so mature. Well enjoy your black coffee and pretentious music, I'm going to go enjoy my pink and blue-spotted flower.

I have enough cynicism running in my veins already, Regina's openness and optimism is wondrous and unique. I hope she never loses it, despite the things assholes like him might say.

I agree, they attacked HER, as in Regina, more in that article than the music which they hardly spoke at all.

Regina reminds me of that pure joy you get when you're young during the holiday season. It's unexplainable and the purest form of happiness. And people loose that, so easily. It seems she always has it and has never lost it. A fascination with more than trivial things. Assholes could never destroy that, she's so much deeper.

We love you Regina

Right, I mean how many people do you know that get excited because they realize we're all in space? Everyone just knows it and take it for granted, we grow older and we lose that childish outlook--most people see this as a bad thing, most people wish to have a more childlike, a more open perspective. Its no surprise that Regina loves The Little Prince, just like that book says "Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."

I love Regina for explaining to me why the smallest things are so wonderful, and I love her for doing it with the wisdom of an adult.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:

It truly is a personal attack, hardly any mention of the actual music is present amongst the making fun of Regina's personality. Ok, we get it, you're oh so mature. Well enjoy your black coffee and pretentious music, I'm going to go enjoy my pink and blue-spotted flower.

I have enough cynicism running in my veins already, Regina's openness and optimism is wondrous and unique. I hope she never loses it, despite the things assholes like him might say.

I agree, they attacked HER, as in Regina, more in that article than the music which they hardly spoke at all.

Regina reminds me of that pure joy you get when you're young during the holiday season. It's unexplainable and the purest form of happiness. And people loose that, so easily. It seems she always has it and has never lost it. A fascination with more than trivial things. Assholes could never destroy that, she's so much deeper.

We love you Regina

Right, I mean how many people do you know that get excited because they realize we're all in space? Everyone just knows it and take it for granted, we grow older and we lose that childish outlook--most people see this as a bad thing, most people wish to have a more childlike, a more open perspective. Its no surprise that Regina loves The Little Prince, just like that book says "Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."

I love Regina for explaining to me why the smallest things are so wonderful, and I love her for doing it with the wisdom of an adult.

I agree. She holds that child-like nature that allows her to reach her full creativity potential but is by no means naive to the ways of the world.

another appropriate exerpt from The Little Prince Smiler Perfect for the situation.

my favorite part

"Grown-ups love figures. When you tell them that you have made a new friend, they never ask you any questions about essentail matters. They never say to you, What does his voice sound like? What games does he love best? Does he collect butterflies? Instead, they demand: How old is he? How many brothers has he? How much does he weigh? How much money does his father make? Only from these figures do they think they have learned anything about him.

If you were to say to the grown-ups: I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof, they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: I saw a house that cost $20,000. Then they would exclaim: Oh, what a pretty house that is!"

Yes, perfect and so truthful. I still remember as a kid going to the park and becoming instant best friends with someone, of course the barrage of questions from mom would follow--questions to which I'd have no answer. All I knew was he liked power rangers and had a yellow bike! What more was there to know? Haha

I think when we grow up we forget how to relate to each other in such a simple way.

quote:

Yes, perfect and so truthful. I still remember as a kid going to the park and becoming instant best friends with someone, of course the barrage of questions from mom would follow--questions to which I'd have no answer. All I knew was he liked power rangers and had a yellow bike! What more was there to know? Haha

I think when we grow up we forget how to relate to each other in such a simple way.

haha. That is so true! No questions asked, if you were a fellow "small person" than we could be instant friends whenever, wherever. It clicked. Something just seems to get in the way as we get older. It's like it isn't just your spirit and soul anymore, the concerns of the flesh gets in the way

Well I'm off to bed (to wake up in 4 hours to see Reg on Good Morning America of course!!!) and then back to bed haha

What dreams may come before I'm woken by alarms?? Put on my Riot Gear Wink Goodnight! Happy Album Release Day!

It's unfortunately really hard for me to do constantly, b/c "growing up" happened a little to easily for me, but thanks to regina I am so much more able to step back and tell myself, "it's ok to get really excitied about donuts, smile at the sky, take "rides" in revolving doors, or just do random stuff for no reason other than the fact that it seems fun." And for that i have nothing but a million thanks to her.