Sign in to follow this  
TheTune

Review of "Far"

man, i really think that some of these reviewers didn't actually listen to the songs (or at least not to the lyrics). they have to listen to a lot of music in their line of work, and churn out reviews. but some of these articles are extremely incriminating to the reviewers themselves. like Human of the Year being an amusing, light hearted song? to me, that just screams that they never actually listened to it, and maybe looked up the lyrics (which can definitely be taken as very sarcastic and humorous). then there's this other one talking about Regina pretending to be a machine (??). that one i feel like they listened to the track, but obviously not to what was actually being said.

sorry for the mini-rant, but it saddens me that these reviewers couldn't just give regina's music the attention that it needs to be fully appreciated.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

quote:
pretending to be a robot amid the electro-clatter of Machine

Dude! She says "and who lacks my organic", she's not a robot!

Maybe she's a cyborg?

Yes! She's Master Chief warning us about the Covenant armada that is going to come and destroy Harvest, Reach, and all other systems except Sol!

But in all seriousness, it's possible that the character's a cyborg. Even then she's not a robot though O_O

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

man, i really think that some of these reviewers didn't actually listen to the songs (or at least not to the lyrics). they have to listen to a lot of music in their line of work, and churn out reviews. but some of these articles are extremely incriminating to the reviewers themselves. like Human of the Year being an amusing, light hearted song? to me, that just screams that they never actually listened to it, and maybe looked up the lyrics (which can definitely be taken as very sarcastic and humorous). then there's this other one talking about Regina pretending to be a machine (??). that one i feel like they listened to the track, but obviously not to what was actually being said.

sorry for the mini-rant, but it saddens me that these reviewers couldn't just give regina's music the attention that it needs to be fully appreciated.

I agree with you completely, all of the reviews seem way out of touch with the songs. Like the first one and calling Machine "wacky." Ok, it might sound wacky with the sound effects, but the words aren't wacky AT ALL. Its just sad that these reviewers are missing out on what could be a profound moment if they let it.

quote:

Another douche reviewer:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/musi...9/regina-spektor-far

"The follow-up to 2006's Begin to Hope is shinier, thanks to co-producer Jeff Lynne, but just as whimsical. Sometimes too whimsical. It's a toss-up whether she's more irritating pretending to be a robot amid the electro-clatter of Machine or twittering "My eyelashes catch my sweat/ Yes, they do/ They do-oo-oo" on the classically twee Folding Chair. That said, she's always interesting; for all the nonsense, Spektor is a writer with something to say."

3/5 stars

Well Mr. British Doucebag reviewer - I suggest you steer clear of all experimental songwriters as they do tend to be a tad irritating! Roll Eyes

If you see the woman's other reviews, you can see she's The Guardian's 'mainstream pop' reviewer. Not the best person to judge a Regina Spektor album.

Twee? FRACKING TWEE?!?! They missed the whole point of that lyric!!! They left out the beginning part that makes it what it is!!! Damn I'm getting annoyed, open your ears and your hearts people! You may think Regina's pretending to be a robot, but you ARE one!

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Twee? FRACKING TWEE?!?! They missed the whole point of that lyric!!! They left out the beginning part that makes it what it is!!! Damn I'm getting annoyed, open your ears and your hearts people! You may think Regina's pretending to be a robot, but you ARE one!

She should so write a scathing song about idiot reviewers...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

She should so write a scathing song about idiot reviewers...

haha. stick 'em in there with the holocaust deniers. "all the holocaust deniers ( and idiotic reviewers)..."

that would be a great addition to that song!

Eeker

lol.