Sign in to follow this  
TheTune

Review of "Far"

Unfortunately I think we should all be prepared for the bad reviews this is going to get.. We are all huge Regina fans, who know her work and her quirks.

And we love her for that. Smiler

But these reviewers might not know her so well, and unless they give enough attention to the music and try to understand the artist, they won't give a good review to an album like Far, which in my opinion is not an easy one to understand to non-fans-and-general-people-alike. Even more since Regina has been associated to Fidelity's pop-like sounds and they will probably go with some kind of expectation.

Can't wait to see what pitchfork's reviewers are going to say.. I have a feeling it's going to be so trashy.. Frowner

I love how Regina is "branching out musically" with Dance Anthem. 1- its an old song and 2-since when does Regina not branch out? She's the only artist I know that has successfully done country, rap, pop, and punk and still seemed true to herself.

And all the songs sound the same to you? Seriously? Yeah, Machine and Folding Chair are just alike, you're right!

Idiot.

Another thing, what the hell are these reviews talking about with "the overcrowded female and piano genre" and "all the crazy women singer songwriters on the radio." Seriously people, are you on crack? How many male musicians are out there? Even in indie music I would say there's at the very least a 5:1 ratio. And yet no one ever says, "another guy with a guitar."

Another stupid review:

http://www.culturebully.com/regina-spektor-far-review

quote:
Far, to be sure, doesn’t reach the same heights that Begin to Hope reached, and it lacks the monster singles of its predecessor.

quote:
Ultimately, it might be easy for people to write Regina Spektor off as either another Starbucks-friendly piano chanteuse or as another ultra-quirky indie-folk weirdo. To be fair, she could fit into either category,

Yeah Starbucks, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm sure the Starbucks folks are really anxious for "Ink Stains"!

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

http://www.thefourohfive.com/reviews/763

One true sentence there: "It proves that no matter who gets compared to her, nobody can touch her when it comes down to it."

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention (a big possibility considering I'm a bit blinded with anger currently hahaha) but I didn't think that review was too bad. 8/10's fair too, its a fab album but even I don't think its perfect. (it would have to be SK to have that distinction Wink)

YUP. These reviews are pissing me off, are they blind to genius?

Didn't Fiona Apple write

poem when she was dissed my a lot of critics and it pissed her off?? Then she named her album as the poem name

Regina should write a song or something Wink

She could cover "F*ck the Police" and make it...

"F*ck the Critics"

ahaha

i love how all these reviews are like "it can't stand up to its predecessor, Begin To Hope."

far is SO much better than BTH that it's not even funny! It is so perplexing that they've got it so backwards...it makes me wonder a little if they are listening to the same thing I am. Confused