Sign in to follow this  
TheTune

Review of "Far"

hey guys my name is Logan. The Musical Finger is my blog. Just wanted to say that I appreciate the kind words and I don't understand any of the hate towards Far.

If you want to access the review in the future, you'll be able to find it at http://hearwax.wordpress.com. I was in the middle of switching over to my new blog when you guys posted the link here!

Again, thanks for the shout out!

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

this one was frustrating to read..some might agree with it though.

http://strangeglue.com/reviews/regina-spektor-far

Another person who just doesn't GET IT. Mad

Reg is evolving and not every record is going to sound like Soviet Kitsch and repeating "Poor Little Rich Boy" 13 times a record is just stupid!

Basically there will always be people who forever cling to Soviet Kitsch as the "Reg Standard", but I won't be one of them.

"Die-hard Spektor fans may be alarmed at the presence of producers such as Lynne and Jacknife Lee (who produced Snow Patrol) but they should not fear. Far is her best album yet, and while it's a long way from early works such as Soviet Kitsch or 11:11, it perfectly illustrates the evolution of a woman who's becoming a truly great artist."

Smilerarticle

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

"Die-hard Spektor fans may be alarmed at the presence of producers such as Lynne and Jacknife Lee (who produced Snow Patrol) but they should not fear. Far is her best album yet, and while it's a long way from early works such as Soviet Kitsch or 11:11, it perfectly illustrates the evolution of a woman who's becoming a truly great artist."

Smilerarticle

Good review, but not seminal. He didn't even talk about "Machine", "Human of the Year", "One more time with feeling" or "Man of a 1000 Faces".

^^ this one also doesn't mention human of the year or MOATF but it highly praises the album

http://hearwax.wordpress.com/2...-regina-spektor-far/

"The range of emotions Regina Spektor is able to convey and receive on Far is astonishing."

"And yet, the amazingly versatile selection of songs all have a that signature sound thanks to Regina’s brilliant and unique voice. Her performances on “Machine” and “Blue Lips” alone make the album Grammy-worthy. Not to be outdone, her piano playing is second to none."

"Quite simply, Far is one of the strangest and most beautiful releases of 2009. Far is an eccentric masterpiece and a must hear"

Just trying to bring in some happier notes Smiler