Sign in to follow this  
TheTune

Review of "Far"

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

this one was frustrating to read..some might agree with it though.

http://strangeglue.com/reviews/regina-spektor-far

I agree with the review...The songs are beautiful but some of them are obviously "simplified" for the larger audiences...I'm not sure how the generic beat/drums in the background of "Blue Lips" makes the song better or more interesting...I much prefer the acoustic version with just Regina's piano or with the addition of some strings...

I hope this doesn't make me anachronistic or stuck to the "old" Regina. Evolution is highly appreciated but it seems to me that this is forced upon her and not as natural as some of you seem to think.

I actually don't really care about the reviews. I love so many different types of music but at the same time, hate quite a few as well. Not everyone has to like the music I like especially Regina who takes a while for the average radio listener to get use to. I still am not into Bjork even though tons of people love her. Oh well Smiler

That being said, I still love to READ them and decide whether I agree with them or not. I just won't allow myself to get too upset by anything

quote:
Originally posted by tallchick:

I actually don't really care about the reviews. I love so many different types of music but at the same time, hate quite a few as well. Not everyone has to like the music I like especially Regina who takes a while for the average radio listener to get use to. I still am not into Bjork even though tons of people love her. Oh well Smiler

That being said, I still love to READ them and decide whether I agree with them or not. I just won't allow myself to get too upset by anything

That's because you're:

169425_iRAgh_86uOHs2hSNgZkAdtWtf.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by tallchick:

That's because you're:

169425_iRAgh_86uOHs2hSNgZkAdtWtf.jpg

haha Smiler

I seriously have to stop reading those negative reviews. After enjoying Machine so much yesterday suddenly today I thought it was "repetitive, unimaginative, cliche" all because I read it in some stupid review. How can I let that happen????

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

I seriously have to stop reading those negative reviews. After enjoying Machine so much yesterday suddenly today I thought it was "repetitive, unimaginative, cliche" all because I read it in some stupid review. How can I let that happen????

woah woah woAH. machine? unimaginative?

that would be the exact opposite of what it is. Don't let the critics brainwashhh youuuu

Thats like saying adriana lima isn't beautiful or thinking that The Shawshank Redemption is a terrible movie or saying that Kevin Federline is the most talented music artist of our day....

I could go on forever but you get my point

There is always going to be a segment of reviewers and fans who, "critique," Regina for becoming more, "mainstream."

This happens to every artist, who makes it big. It is so par-for-the-course. Through the years, I've heard it a hundred times.

There is always a segment of fans and critics, who somehow want to keep her as their own, and who think that striving for and attaining commerical success is always an artistic compromise.

It's really not a valid criticism.

There are two words in "music business." Music and business. Anyone naive enough to think otherwise, I wish you luck with your delusions.

Regina can't forever be the anti-folk, troubadour selling tapes out of the back of a station wagon and playing in dive bars for pocket change. It's just not realistic.

Nor, can she can be the Regina anyone else wants her to be.

That would be the biggest sell-out of all.