Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

So which is your #1 song on Far?

I know it's negative, but it's been silently nagging at me for over half a year, and I have to say it. While I ADORE far... I simply do not like Human of the Year, Genius Next Door, One More Time With Feeling, Man of a Thousand Faces, or The Sword & the Pen. I just cannot stand these morose, lagging songs, and every time I try to get through them for the sake of the "album experience", I can't do it, which is even worse since I love Regina's coherently-incoherent album structures/feelings more than anything.

Phew, okay, I'm glad that's over with. far is still my 2nd favorite album behind Songs, yes. Razzer

I'm sure that's because of the burnout factor for it. It was the first single song released for the album, and played at almost EVERY tv performance for a long time. I know from experience, that kind of thing (just like songs that are played all the time in live sets) can burn you out on a song very, very easily.

Yep yep. That's why I cannot stand bands and musicians that play very similar (or exactly the same) sets at every show. It's ridiculous in its own right; you basically become a legacy act. But it's also a tad patronizing to your audience, and yourselves as artists.

quote:
Yep yep. That's why I cannot stand bands and musicians that play very similar (or exactly the same) sets at every show. It's ridiculous in its own right; you basically become a legacy act. But it's also a tad patronizing to your audience, and yourselves as artists.

i agree 100%. i guess i am just experiencing a Laughing With revival because i was sick of it for a while

Weird, I could've sworn I answered this. Well, for me my favorite new song was a tie between Riot Gear and Machine and they're so different it seems unfair to compare them. Man of 1000 is my all time favorite Reg song, but I gotta say I prefer the live version, the new recording is beautiful and I really love it with the video, but by itself the pace is a little bit too slow for me.

After living with this album for months, I've found that I have a surprise liking for The Calculation. Regina's poppy songs usually take a backseat for me, but something about it is so endearing. Plus I love the imagery.

So as for my ultimate favorite....uuuuhm...I'll stick with Machine if only for its Orwell references and for using a house as an instrument.