Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

So which is your #1 song on Far?

Recommended Posts

I'm currently really into machine, followed by a tie between the sword and the pen and dance anthem of the 80s (vocoder...omg the vocoder). When it first came out i wanted machine to be somehow more than it is, i wanted it to make me want to grab my torch and pitchfork and go hunting ogres or something. But over time i've realized that i was expecting machine to be Apres Moi. since i made that distinction i've been able to appreciate machine better for itself and i quite like it Smiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Projektorinski:

When it first came out i wanted machine to be somehow more than it is, i wanted it to make me want to grab my torch and pitchfork and go hunting ogres or something.

That made me smile so hard, haha.

I am still absolutely infatuated with Machine. It's so perfect. I listen to that second chorus where her voice kind of seems a little... strung out almost... over and over and over again. I also LOVE the album version of Dance Anthem. I don't know. I love the Calculation. I think it's fantastic, even though collectively you guys seem to be kind of down on the song.

I don't know! Too hard, I love it all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Machine. Definitely. One of the best songs ever.

I totally agree with Karl and almostspotless (her voice in the second chorus gives me chills everytime) Smiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

I am still absolutely infatuated with Machine. It's so perfect. I listen to that second chorus where her voice kind of seems a little... strung out almost... over and over and over again. I also LOVE the album version of Dance Anthem. I don't know. I love the Calculation. I think it's fantastic, even though collectively you guys seem to be kind of down on the song.

I don't know! Too hard, I love it all!

The Calculation is my favourite song on the record - it always makes me feel great when I hear it, although that might be because I'm getting ready to hear the rest of the record Cool

Dance Anthem and Folding Chair are right up there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^i never really thought about it until you said it brady but i mainly listen to live recordings of Regina now too. That would explain why none of the top 10 most played songs on my iTunes are regina songs. I just love going to youtube and typing in the song i want to listen to seeing what comes up, and being surprised by each different version, because they all have their own slightly different character. Even the ones where the audio is crap, or the ones where the song isn't complete (à la unfinished but GODLY recording of human of the year, you know which one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone's probably sick of hearing me say this, but, my answer to what my favorite Regina song is, is: whatever song it is of hers that I happen to be listening to at the moment. So there! Smiler I did catch a couple of new live videos lately that I've watched a few times in a row. It's from a person named 'meself101' and the concert was in Seattle at the Paramount. She's wearing the dress with faces all over it. The songs are 'Two Birds' & 'One More Time With Feeling'. She always does great live, but once in awhile she gets in this little groove where it's almost like she tunes out the whole audience and she goes so inward with the song. Watch these two videos, you'll see what I mean. Her eyes are closed, her head is boppin' and weavin'(more than she normally does). She get's her head down into the piano with her hair all in her face. Her mouth is all over the mike. (oooh I'm turning myself on) Smiler But really. If you haven't already, check it out. And watch her at the end of each song. It takes her like just a little moment longer to open her eyes and actually be done with the song. It's like she just came out of some kind of trance. I love it when she gets like that.

"her music is moving to a degree that's practically paralyzing"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

I did catch a couple of new live videos lately that I've watched a few times in a row. It's from a person named 'meself101' and the concert was in Seattle at the Paramount.

Those videos are breath taking. She's singing with her whole face and body - emphasizing emotions with facial expression, the closed eyes, how she's holding the mic, aw. I encourage everyone who haven't already done so to watch

. Thanks again, SeattleFan for the videos!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this