Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Interviews & Appearences 2009

And I have a beautiful light show. I don't know how much more I could do. Pyrotechnics, maybe? [Laughs.]

The only visual we need is Regina herself. Dear lord, PLEASE no pyrotechnics. I will admit though her lights were awesome at Dickinson, nice in Michigan, not so much in Chicago or Denver though. But they work with what they've got. Go Allie.

Dentistgirl: totally agree with you. Please, no pyrothecnics.

I feel compelled to write this because the use of pyrotechnics at shows became a serious issue in Argentina in 2004. A band was playing in a Buenos Aires club called "Cromagnon" (yeah, like the hominid). The fans used to light flares at their show, it was something they had adopted as a "tradition" or "ritual". On that night, a young person lit a flare, but the club ceiling was covered in some sort of flammable material, which caught fire and started to issue toxic fumes. To make things worse, the club did not have adequate exits or safety arrangements (actually, its license had expired, and the only reason it was running was that city council inspectors had been bribed by the owner). The result was that about 200 young people died. It was a tragedy that those boys' and girls' parents and brothers and boyfriends and girlfriends still remember. The club owner, the band manager and the inspectors were tried and found guilty; the band went to court but was acquitted (which caused a lot of controversy).

Of course, Regina only meant it as a joke, and I guess the concert venues are undoubtedly safe and "legal" (unlike the club I mentioned). However, just in case ANYONE is thinking of bringing pyrotehcnics to a show... please, refrain. We had to learn that the hard way. And sorry for such a "sad" posting, but, as I said, I just felt compelled to share this experience.

Dentistgirl, you seem to talk to Regina like an old friend. (Me jealous, grrr). Big Grin

Regards to all,

Pampas Fan

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Projektorinski:

Thank you bum bum bum! is this the first live recording of The Sword & the Pen?

I remember how bad I wanted her to sing it live when I saw her for the first time, but didn't really have any hope because she hadn't sung it live. BUT SHE DID in atlanta in early october <3 I think the first time she sang it was the show before at West Virginia

It's SO amazing live.

No problem Smiler and thanks for the link to that interview Dentistgirl! I think I would have skipped over that one if I just saw it in the news.. it looked like a regular show preview!

Oh, and I have a question for everyone. I was wondering if the way I've done this so far is good for everybody?? I want to make sure it's organized correctly and easy to find stuff. Anything I'm missing? Any dead links? Anything you'd like to see? I'm open to all suggestions!

i love this interview too. it's so chill and soothing. i love what she says about sexism, homophobia in religion and how it doesn't bring anybody closer. she hit the nail on the head there. love cures all.

still listening too..

Yet another reason to admire Regina. In just a few months, she's had a major impact on the way I think about the world, at a point in my life when I'd thought I had things worked out.

My favorite part of the interview is when shes asked why she uses different sounds to express herself in her music and she explains and then says something like

"words are just sounds people assign meaning to"

shes so clever