Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Interviews & Appearences 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

There's a review interspursed with interview segments here: (it was originally in French but has been translated into English.) Smiler

http://www.reginaspektor.org/c...in-a-french-magazine

"Regina Spektor’s songs are cocktails both explosive and romantic, magical, euphoric potions with champagne bubbles and the alcoholic strength of vodka."

What an amazing line

Just a reminder for those that want to listen live. It should be available on npr's website later though..

Regina on NPR's "Morning Edition"

Regina will appear on NPR's "Morning Edition" this Thursday, June 25th at 6:50AM (EDT), 8:50AM (EDT) and 10:50AM (EDT).

NPR (National Public Radio) - 93.9 FM in NYC.

quote:
The money they're spending suggests they think she could gather up the adult fans of Titian oddball Tori Amos and Kate Bush, the cool kids buying Feist and maybe even the teenagers growing out of their Vanessa Carlton albums.

regina is always categorized into this "female singer/songwriter" category, which i understand, but why can't she just be recognized for her talent? why is she always portrayed as a woman singer/songwriter? i mean, obviously she is a woman, but doesn't her music stand on its own? i certainly think it does. i know everyone here thinks it does. why does the media always descend upon wonderfully talented women like regina and shove her into a category? gahhh i swear to god if i become a journalist i will never do this.

</rant>

sorry, pet peeve. i mean, overall the article proves that she really is talented and different.