Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Machine

quote:
Originally posted by StalkerChic:

interesting tidbit.

According to the lyric booklet in the album (yayness!), her hands are sept-jointed.

huh. that lyric has always stood out to me. sept-jointed? how? if you think about how your hands work, it is beyond me where the number seven came from.

unless her fingers are sept-jointed because she is artificially improved?? but i never thought that lyric was alluding to actual modifications of the body- i interpreted it as just expressing the human body in terms of robotics (bifocal eyes make sense).

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

quote:
Originally posted by StalkerChic:

interesting tidbit.

According to the lyric booklet in the album (yayness!), her hands are sept-jointed.

huh. that lyric has always stood out to me. sept-jointed? how? if you think about how your hands work, it is beyond me where the number seven came from.

unless her fingers are sept-jointed because she is artificially improved?? but i never thought that lyric was alluding to actual modifications of the body- i interpreted it as just expressing the human body in terms of robotics (bifocal eyes make sense).

Exactly, she's been modified by cyberneticists to have extra fingers to play the new melodies for the future...

^^ i guess what really confuses me is that our hands actually have 15 joints, not including the wrist, of course. are her hands simplified? seven just seems like a random number. i guess you could be right with the two extra fingers thing...

haha. maybe i am overthinking this. i need to go to bed.

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Projektorinski:

I love that THIS is the controversial line that we're getting worked up about while the rest of the world is like "holy biscuits she said god a bunch of times and made dolphin noises!"

Well that's because we're real fans and they're idiots who notice only the trivial things.

"so here i am writing a note to the never world that is the internet.... the internet, of course, is one of the greatest gifts we have these days, so we gotta love it and pet it and thank the wires everyday..."

*i think she meant "newer"

from her myspace blog in 2005... Just reminded me of machine so I wanted to post it here somewhere =)

(and you were talking of the number 7 in sept-jointed? well... Seven is the divine number and the number of perfection, right? So I believe she's talking about us being improved...)