Sign in to follow this  
Swimming Pool Noises

Favorite non-reg albums this year

So i figured in this here thread we could all discuss our favorite non-far albums of the year.

At fear of being bashed as a hipster (this is what we were talking about on the Far thread) - I honestly think Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion is a fantastic album, and easily one of the best of the year.

Also, I'm a *huge* Spencer Krug fanboy so I think Dragonslayer by Sunset Rubdown is awesome. My friends think it's odd that I listen to both Sunset Rubdown and Reg. But what can I say. I like diversity in my music. For those unfamiliar with what Spencer does, don't be frightened by the title - it's a truly great album of indie rock (verging on pop) songs. I don't expect too many people to enjoy it though...

WHAT are YOUR thoughts!?!?!?

So i figured in this here thread we could all discuss our favorite non-far albums of the year.

At fear of being bashed as a hipster (this is what we were talking about on the Far thread) - I honestly think Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion is a fantastic album, and easily one of the best of the year.

Also, I'm a *huge* Spencer Krug fanboy so I think Dragonslayer by Sunset Rubdown is awesome. My friends think it's odd that I listen to both Sunset Rubdown and Reg. But what can I say. I like diversity in my music. For those unfamiliar with what Spencer does, don't be frightened by the title - it's a truly great album of indie rock (verging on pop) songs. I don't expect too many people to enjoy it though...

WHAT are YOUR thoughts!?!?!?

ahhhh those are both great! I was gonna go to Andrew Bird at Radio City Music Hall but my mother didn't want me spending all of my money on concerts so... Frowner

and p.s. both my parents were born in Portugal but I've yet to visit and I really want to! Do you like it o'er yonder in Lisboa?

quote:
Originally posted by Mustard Musketeer:

It's a nice town to visit. Lots of historical monuments, art galleries and some other turist attractions Smiler

hopefully one day I will venture out there...

quote:
I think Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest(what I have heard of it so far) is also brilliant and beautiful.

I honestly don't like Veckatimest that much. There are some nice songs on it to be sure, but it's all one tempo and I find it to be rather boring. It's good, but it's not that good. But that's just one man's opinion. I seem to be heavily outweighed (hehe - heavily outweighed! redundant?).