Sign in to follow this  
Swimming Pool Noises

Favorite non-reg albums this year

Transmitter Failure - Jenny Owen Youngs (Very different from her last record, Batten the Hatches BTH lol, its more upbeat. Listening to it feels delicious)

Actor - St. Vincent (I think i still like Marry Me better, but i'm not certain. Actor is really good. I love the contrast between disney-ish whimsy and dark gnarly noise)

Passerby - Allie Moss (Ok, not quite an album, just an EP, but its undeniably pretty. She may sideman for Ingrid Michaelson, but Passerby has moments that make me think it should be the other way around)

It's Blitz - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (You're a zerooooooooo! What's your name? No one's gonna ask you, better find out where they want you to gooooooooo! Ok ok i know, but still. It's gooood XD)

There's so much hype about Veckamitest but i can't seem to get into it at all. I haven't made a huge concerted effort, but from what i've listened to i don't think i have the attention span for a huge concerted effort. I would get bored fast. As far as animal collective, the whole hipster thing has really been getting in my way. I have a friend who embodies hipsterness so much to the point of disassociating himself from the hipster label because its not a hip label (lol) and he can't stand regina and he keeps trying to get me to listen to animal collective. This makes it really difficult for me to listen to animal collective. I should just quit being a culture snob and get over it...

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Projektorinski:

There's so much hype about Veckamitest but i can't seem to get into it at all. I haven't made a huge concerted effort, but from what i've listened to i don't think i have the attention span for a huge concerted effort. I would get bored fast. As far as animal collective, the whole hipster thing has really been getting in my way. I have a friend who embodies hipsterness so much to the point of disassociating himself from the hipster label because its not a hip label (lol) and he can't stand regina and he keeps trying to get me to listen to animal collective. This makes it really difficult for me to listen to animal collective. I should just quit being a culture snob and get over it...

yeah i can only listen to a couple of songs before switching to something difference. And I have a friend like that, but he has no opinion of reg (as far as I know) and he even calls himself a hipster, so I can't really tell if it's some sort of Colbert-esque satire on hipsterism. But he's hilarious so we let it slide. And it really sucks that AC's been tagged with that label because they really are very good...