Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Far "Purists vs Non-Purists"

quote:
Originally posted by sweetestdownfall:

I don't really understand why there needs to be a separate thread for this =/ Couldn't criticism just go in the general Far thread?

I want the general Far thread to be filled only with positive things.

I like the album but I don't LOVE it. Idk. I'm still getting use to the whole thing.

I honesly like the BTH special edition, it had a mix of everything. Any fan of Regina new or old could have plenty to listen to

anyway its late and I really can't explain my opinion yet and i probably dont make sense. will post more on here later

Someone on twitter tweeted this about "Laughing With":

"No one's laughing at God when Regina Spektor releases a song with just two verses and 3 chords and she gets international acclaim for it."

Link

I do agree somewhat that the songs are a bit short. For example, The Sword and the Pen, and Riot Gear seem a bit unfinished. They're two of the best songs on Far (imo). Is it wrong to want more?! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

Someone on twitter tweeted this about "Laughing With":

"No one's laughing at God when Regina Spektor releases a song with just two verses and 3 chords and she gets international acclaim for it."

It has more then 3 chords, that person is tone deaf.

Link

I do agree somewhat that the songs are a bit short. For example, The Sword and the Pen, and Riot Gear seem a bit unfinished. They're two of the best songs on Far (imo). Is it wrong to want more?! Big Grin

The song has more then 3 chords, that person is tone deaf.