Sign in to follow this  
Aonex

Regina faking?

^^ I agree too.

And even if the situation actually took place (and this it someone trolling).... the professor took regina's side and the whole class did too. So this "person" was obviously saying something idiotic.

PS. I still REALLY don't think Regina "fakes" forgetting her lyrics. It seems like such an attention craving thing to do and she wouldn't!

Regina has been messing up from time to time since long before she could count on anyone finding it cute or helping with a forgotten lyric. If anything, she does it a lot less often than she used to (sticking to a well-rehearsed setlist probably helps) and she now often soldiers right through little mistakes that previously would have gotten her frustrated and caused her to stop.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

Regina has been messing up from time to time since long before she could count on anyone finding it cute or helping with a forgotten lyric. If anything, she does it a lot less often than she used to (sticking to a well-rehearsed setlist probably helps) and she now often soldiers right through little mistakes that previously would have gotten her frustrated and caused her to stop.

I think this comment from our veteran srg cements that regina doesn't "fake" her mess ups. Also you can clearly see at the beginning of

video that when she messes up she really didn't want to and kinda gets a bit embarassed in the face. It is genuine emotion, then her cuteness appears again with that smile

Honestly, i think reg is a little dishonest about the mess-ups. I do agree with the points made before, sometimes you just forget. But i think it's been mentioned in interviews as much as her creative process or her influences. It's part of her adorable, endearing persona.

I have no doubt that she's every bit as sweet and kind and genuine as she seems. But i think a specific "thing" is important in projecting that to people just being introduced to her. If all they ever heard was her bio and her music, the adorable-ness might be lost on them until they investigated shows to see the mess-ups for themselves. Discussing them in interviews makes her more accessible, and people won't think she's not a legit artist for messing up.

It's not that she devises plans to mess up certain lyrics, it's nore like she's embraced them nearly whole-heartedly as a natural part of her PR and image.

Nothing wrong with that. Cause, like everyone was saying, it's adorable and it's a reminder that regina's not just intense and brilliant, she's sweet and humble as well.

(yes, she's a perfectionist, but i think she's willing to make smart decisions that compromise doing it the old-fashioned way. Consider the time when she lied to the temp and said she had a spot to perform when open-mic wasn't working out, when she was starting out as a musician.)

Whatever, she's a Jew from Moscow by way of the Bronx, she's tough and she's been through a lot, i'm sure. So there's more to her than what's readily seen in interviews. Smiler It wouldn't really surprise me if she admitted that she had the capacity to do better than she does, but i guess i wouldn't be shocked if i could get into her head and see that she's very unhappy with the fact that she does mess up sometimes... <3

^ Well said Briana!...I am almost absolutely sure she doesn't fake...Just doesn't seem like she would do that. And I saw her do it in person when I saw her live. It definitely wasn't staged/on purpose.

I think it's total baloney. Not because I believe everything Regina touches is gold,but because it's just not her personality. I'm sure she'd much rather have a perfect performance than mess it up.

I actually think if she read this, she'll crack up and be somewhat flattered that we think that she's so flawless that her mess ups have to be intentional. she'd probably say "yeahh....sure, that's right, I did it allll on purpose"

Sometimes people just want to believe the worst (sometimes it's true, this time I'm 100% it's not).

^ I totally agree. It just doesn't seem like her at all. Not to mention all the stage fright she experiences before shows.

a) I don't think there is a phony bone in her body.

B) If you think she was making that stuff up last week, you underestimate what it takes to do all of this, while involved in the msuical.