Sign in to follow this  
GreenStandsForLove

Least favorite Regina Song?

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

i didn't really get Ain't No Cover either. But then one day, i tried to sing it. and it was SUPER FUN. won me over instantly. so i would highly recommend that lol. Wink

some songs that don't really click for me? hmm.

i'm gonna go with sunshine and better. idk why, but better has never really made any sort of impression on me whatsoever. except for that excellent verse "born like sisters to the world..." that whole part.

and sunshine? idk, just haven't gotten it yet. i'll let you know when it happens. Smiler

It took me forever to like Better! I first heard the album version...and then, the radio recut? Neither of them seemed very good to me. I actually really disliked it. Then when I went to see Regina in concert, I finally heard it live and I kept thinking, hey this is pretty, why have I never been able to get into it before? Tried to album version again and kept having this sense of wtf (lol). Finally, finally! I found a live version that I really like, it's simple and pretty, and I quite like the song now. Though it's still not one of my favorites or anything Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

December

When my obsession first started, I was fixated on this song. Couldn't get enough.

"We are not evacuating this house. We don't believe in you and your wrecking crew"

...Her accent and emotion on that part made me put it on replay over and over

I really love that part of the song too!

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

December

When my obsession first started, I was fixated on this song. Couldn't get enough.

"We are not evacuating this house. We don't believe in you and your wrecking crew"

...Her accent and emotion on that part made me put it on replay over and over

me too! i listened to the end of that song SO many times- it was addictive. that accent? and that last belty note turning into a YAWN?? i didn't even know that was physically possible, but then i tried and guess what! IT'S ACTUALLY POSSIBLE. but the question is who besides reg would ever think of it?? answer: no one. lmao.

oh, and does anyone else think that those lines are a reference to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? because that is what always pops into my head.

December is one of my favorites!! Regina would probably be happy that we like different songs.

When she's choosing songs for a cd, she feels bad for the songs that don't get chosen--she said that some old songs have been waiting for such a looooong time, but sometimes more recent songs get lucky and are chosen instead. It's like her songs are her kids. Wink So I am sure she would want all of them to be loved by SOMEONE. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Yeah for some reason I will always dislike all of her songs the first time I hear them but then I will become obsessed with them when I hear them the second time its so weird!!!

Have I got a thread for you...

Welcome to the stix Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Field Below and maching are the only ones i dislike.

oh my god...I *love* machine. ^_^

just had to add a positive opinion about that song cus it's one of my fav's off "far"

quote:
Originally posted by BIG TUNA:

Your Honor

IMO...

I didn't like it at first either, but then I tried to listen to the lyrics and it made the rest of the song and especially the contrasts very cool.

btw, what does IMO mean?

How can anyone hate on Machine? It's brilliant! Then again, some people will only like certain sounds and whenever Reg "colors outside the lines" they don't like it. Sort of how some people can't stand dissonance UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I think people who have open minds musically-speaking have no problem with anything Reg has done.