Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

Bittersweet News!

Sometimes things happen that are both good and bad and we can't decide if it's a rant or good news? So I thought this could be the place for those thoughts and stories. In the rants section because if it has a bad part to it then it's probably not the best of news. Give a bad and good part to the story...

BAD PART: Just had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and it hurts like hell, the pain medication (hydrocodone) doesn't really seem to work or make me "loopy" like all of my friends say. But then again it takes me 3 xanax to get relaxed so maybe I have a high tolerance? The laughing gas before the IV didn't do a thing to relax me so I cried when the put that crap in (I have a huge phobia of needles)... but I felt the pain for 30 seconds and don't remember a thing after that. And it sux I can't eat and all I'm swallowing is my blood

GOOD PART: I can now get my family's sympathy haha. Wink And I get to lay in bed for a few days and sleep and I have an exuse to listen to Far over and over and over again! And watch The Twilight Zone. And roam youtube watching Regina videos too. Plus, my teeth won't get crooked now due to my wisdom teeth and that's good news after the awkwardness of having braces for 2 years Big Grin

Sometimes things happen that are both good and bad and we can't decide if it's a rant or good news? So I thought this could be the place for those thoughts and stories. In the rants section because if it has a bad part to it then it's probably not the best of news. Give a bad and good part to the story...

BAD PART: Just had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and it hurts like hell, the pain medication (hydrocodone) doesn't really seem to work or make me "loopy" like all of my friends say. But then again it takes me 3 xanax to get relaxed so maybe I have a high tolerance? The laughing gas before the IV didn't do a thing to relax me so I cried when the put that crap in (I have a huge phobia of needles)... but I felt the pain for 30 seconds and don't remember a thing after that. And it sux I can't eat and all I'm swallowing is my blood

GOOD PART: I can now get my family's sympathy haha. Wink And I get to lay in bed for a few days and sleep and I have an exuse to listen to Far over and over and over again! And watch The Twilight Zone. And roam youtube watching Regina videos too. Plus, my teeth won't get crooked now due to my wisdom teeth and that's good news after the awkwardness of having braces for 2 years Big Grin

And there's always the fact that you had IV sedation and didn't have a bad reaction. An excellent thing to know for future reference.

That sucks about the pain meds. I got codine when I had mine out. Even though I had no pain, I took some anyway, for fun (haha)...and it did nothing for me at all.

Hope you're feeling much better now!

A perfectly bittersweet event today. I feel like sharing. Big Grin

Three years ago I was in a camp with my friend and there was this boy, kind of assistant leader of the camp, a year older than me. He was really nice and sweet and I had a huge crush on him during the camp. I was fourteen, shy and had basically no self-esteem, so I barely spoke to him. I quickly convinced myself that he has a girlfriend, he will think I'm ugly etc. After the camp I never met him until I ran into him today totally coincidentally. It took me a while to recognise him when he called my name in the railroad station. I was completely confused that he even remembered me, but we talked a while and it was so nice. I totally remembered why I had liked him so terribly much back then. He seemed so happy to see me and I was SO happy to see him, he asked me about me and I asked about him and laughed and was just ecstatic to meet him. I'm seventeen now, still shy but I do have a self-esteem, so I could actually enjoy it without being mortally nervous.

He will move to London in two months to study and I guess I'll never see him again. I'm still sure that he has a girlfriend and I don't even know him well enough to tell if it matters to me or not. But he's still the sweetest and nicest guy I've never met, so I'm absolutely happy that I got to talk to him again and he remembered me and wanted to talk to me, but at the same time I know I'll never get to know him better and that makes me really sad.

Bittersweet. I'm getting all nostalgic and softy. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

bittersweetness: Move in to college tmrw morning. Lived in the same house my whole life...

SmilerFrowner We'll just see how this plays out

It's gonna be good Smiler Starting something new is scary, but think positive! You'll learn A LOT, make new friends, experience so many great things.

I wish you the absolute best!!

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

A perfectly bittersweet event today. I feel like sharing. Big Grin

Three years ago I was in a camp with my friend and there was this boy, kind of assistant leader of the camp, a year older than me. He was really nice and sweet and I had a huge crush on him during the camp. I was fourteen, shy and had basically no self-esteem, so I barely spoke to him. I quickly convinced myself that he has a girlfriend, he will think I'm ugly etc. After the camp I never met him until I ran into him today totally coincidentally. It took me a while to recognise him when he called my name in the railroad station. I was completely confused that he even remembered me, but we talked a while and it was so nice. I totally remembered why I had liked him so terribly much back then. He seemed so happy to see me and I was SO happy to see him, he asked me about me and I asked about him and laughed and was just ecstatic to meet him. I'm seventeen now, still shy but I do have a self-esteem, so I could actually enjoy it without being mortally nervous.

He will move to London in two months to study and I guess I'll never see him again. I'm still sure that he has a girlfriend and I don't even know him well enough to tell if it matters to me or not. But he's still the sweetest and nicest guy I've never met, so I'm absolutely happy that I got to talk to him again and he remembered me and wanted to talk to me, but at the same time I know I'll never get to know him better and that makes me really sad.

Bittersweet. I'm getting all nostalgic and softy. Smiler

Thank you for sharing something so incredibly sweet and personal with all of us... I love the stix. Maybe you will see him again, and if you don't, then you'll do fine. Wink

Perfect thread for this.

Just got home from a wedding. Possibly one of the happiest weddings I've ever been too. I mean, a real honest-to-goodness wedding. Our pastor, who doesn't really like officiating weddings, was practically stumbling over himself he was so clearly ecstatic today.

The bride, who was essentially beaming with beauty, is kind of my pseudo-sister. Not that she's particularly like a sister to me, but it's more that she's kind of like a daughter to my parents, especially to my dad. Which is why most of the afternoon/evening was spent with my dad being super critical of the bride's real father. He was noticeably tense all the way through the walking-down-the-isle bit and later he was seething during the father-daughter dance. I felt like he was considering slugging the girl's dad at several moments. Not without good reason, mind you... The man showed no emotion whatsoever, was super weak at "giving her away," barely smiled, and didn't even kiss his daughter at any point. It was pretty awkward.

You can't help but feel bittersweet knowing that the girl's mom died of cancer a few years back, and now she's basically the cinderella to her father's new live-in gf and three evil step-sisters. Their family has gotten awful weird, in a lot of ways, since her mom died. Ultimately, thought she wins out.

Plus, it's also kind of nice to see that my Dad is so serious about being a good father.

^ Oh my, I saw "bittersweet news" and then glanced at your post and saw "wedding" and automatically my mind jumped to REGINA GOT MARRIED?! I guess that's how my brain functions. RazzerRoll Eyes

Though I'd think if Regina got married it be just sweet news, (even though half of brumstix would be sad it wasn't them.)

Anyway, great topic Alicia.

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

^ Oh my, I saw "bittersweet news" and then glanced at your post and saw "wedding" and automatically my mind jumped to REGINA GOT MARRIED?! I guess that's how my brain functions. RazzerRoll Eyes

Ha ha! And I agree, it would be sweet.

My bittersweet news is that yesterday I visited UT Austin (Longhorn Saturday!). I really, really liked it, but I don't like that it's far away from where I live (although it could be farther...one girl came from Chicago), and anyway, I still don't feel ready for college. I can't believe how close I am to adulthood. Eeker