Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reginaoverdose

Bittersweet News!

38 posts in this topic

Went to Ottawa for the weekend with my boyfriend who is starting school there. It's a great city, we had fun and saw the university and met the activists and artsy type kids who are putting on an "alternative frosh week" where instead of getting smashed they have evnets like board game night, a critical mass, swing dancing lessons, a hike and picnic, and more! Which I think is awesome. His roommate is pretty cool too, after applying for a single room at res he ended up with a double, which are sucky and tiny, and so searched elsewhere for an appartment. He ended up with an older guy who's a head chef at a police club and has two cute little dogs. It's a real nice place and close to the school. We went out to dinner at a really nice Italian place and I bought a ninja turtles t-shirt.

Then I went home and he stayed there.

=[

Bittersweet? Minor compared to physical pain and family loss, but...

Last Thursday I went to the surgeon to schedule surgery for a hernia that had been diagnosed by my family doctor. The surgeon said that there didn't seem to be a hernia after further inspection.

Ecstatic, I grabbed my hound doggie and took off on my jetski, which I had just spent $420 on it's annual tune-up and new battery. Almost home, the jetski locked up, and today I got the news that I now need a new engine, which with labor and parts will come to around $4300. On a 2006 Sea Doo I still owe $1300 on! So I'll be making payments for 5 more months on a jetski that I cannot remotely afford to fix!

The freakin' hernia would have been cheaper to fix!! I'm with the great reverend Wright, GodDAMN America!

My ex-girlfriend and I are pretty much back together... She was ability to visit me two weeks ago and we had an amazing weekend but we're not sure how we're gonna handle the distance... :/ I guess we'll just see how it goes.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

I'm having ingrown toenail procedure tomorrow, but the upshot is I am getting the digital rent of Twilight: Eclipse! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope that went well. Anything with "ingrown" in the name is usually pretty gross and painful.

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

I'm so glad you're back togeteher! Smiler That's great. But yes. Bittersweet news. Make sure to talktalktalk a lot and include eachother even though you're not in the same place.

Thanks! We've been handling the distance pretty well so far (Skype and whatnot), and I think that next semester it'll be a lot easier to try and come home on weekends.

I finally got the curage to perform Dog & Pony in front of an audience. It felt good and people said really nice things afterwards Smiler Some mistakes, but I was happy with it. I asked my boyfriend to record and I really wanted to see the recording...! And of course it cuts off. I had put everything onto my computer but forgotten to delete it from the camera. Sucks.

I got all of Ingrid's Snowfall on video though. But I really wanted Dog & Pony...! Gah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THGLmff654I