Sign in to follow this  
summer in the city

David Letterman is a ASS!

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

What was the joke?

After Palin and her 14 yr old daughter went to a Baseball game in New York he said, During the seventh inning her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.

If you like palin or not, it's entirely innapropriate.

Don't hate me, but what's the big deal? The joke was about the 18-year old Bristol! Unfortunately, it was the 14yo Willow who was at the Yankee game (that caused the confusion) but the joke wasn't aimed at a 14-year old it was a joke about the fact that ultraconservative Palin has a knocked up 18-year old daughter (and that in my opinion screams for a joke!).

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Don't hate me, but what's the big deal? The joke was about the 18-year old Bristol! Unfortunately, it was the 14yo Willow who was at the Yankee game (that caused the confusion) but the joke wasn't aimed at a 14-year old it was a joke about the fact that ultraconservative Palin has a knocked up 18-year old daughter (and that in my opinion screams for a joke!).

Well maybe he should have researched a bit before the joke, because it seems clearly aimed at the daughter that attended the baseball game.

...and of course I wouldn't hate you Wink

Letterman did apologize. And I didn't hear the joke but I heard he never explicitly mention Palin's daughter. And the way Sarah Palin handled it was really disgusting.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Letterman did apologize. And I didn't hear the joke but I heard he never explicitly mention Palin's daughter. And the way Sarah Palin handled it was really disgusting.

It was clearly about Palins 14 yr old daughter after they attended a baseball game together. He only apologized after he came under scrutiny for what he said. And any parent would be discusted too If he said something like about their daughter. If it were Obamas daughter their would have been a HUGE uproar. But it doesn't matter anymore, old news. We forgive him, doesn't mean we have to like him or watch his show

And Regina did so well, more comfortable than her GMA performance. And she looked STUNNING. I wish he could've interviewed her though

I did not know that the show was recorded on the 22nd? That explains the lack of the MJ talk.

I am aware that normally the musical guest simply performs. I just couldnt help but feel that since there was only one "talk" guest on,there could have been time to change the format up a bit. I think Regina did a great job, but it just seemed like this wasnt her first appearence and Dave could have talked to her. I guess I just let my intital disapointment get the best of me. As far as other musical guests like green day ect, there is usually multiple guest which leaves just a small amount of time for the performers. No disrespect to Martin Short but to dedicate the entire show to him just seemed a waste of time.Sorry if I came off stupid for not knowing that the show was recorded on the 22nd. Maybe the post should have been less negative.

Just a few thoughts on this......

First, I used to really like Dave, but he seems less and less interested in guests, especially musical ones. It's been a trend over the last 7-8 years. His show has grown stale, the formula doesn't quite work anymore, and he doesn't seem to enjoy it much anymore. His sarcasm used to be funny, now he just comes across as grumpy and ill informed.

Second, rarely ever does a musical guest get an interview. Elvis Costello was the last one I recall, and that was because he had a new music/interview show on cable. Dave could be a little more genial with the musicians at the end of the show. Occasionally he barely acknowledges them.

Thirdly, this is precisely why I love Conan. You can tell he truly loves music. He gets up, runs out to meet the band, shakes every hand, and compliments everyone. He absolutely fawned over Regina the last time she was there.

Lastly, despite Dave's bluntness and seemingly lack of interest, Regina pulled off a stunning performance! Maybe her best late night TV performance EVER.

That was one of the most boring late-night shows i've ever seen. Not that i watch many, but still... i dislike Letterman because all of his jokes are obvious and boring. The "Top Ten" list is always excruciatingly painful to watch because it's so drawn-out and predictable.

Meh, that's just a mini-rant. Regina's performance was amazing, as could be expected.

quote:
Originally posted by addiction to hands&feet:

That was one of the most boring late-night shows i've ever seen. Not that i watch many, but still... i dislike Letterman because all of his jokes are obvious and boring. The "Top Ten" list is always excruciatingly painful to watch because it's so drawn-out and predictable.

Meh, that's just a mini-rant. Regina's performance was amazing, as could be expected.

I kind of agree. I remember The Late Show being a lot funnier and more interesting but it seemed really stale and unfunny.