Sign in to follow this  
summer in the city

David Letterman is a ASS!

I was sitting last nite waiting for Reginas appearence on Letterman. Then the show begins....wow I see that Dave only has 2 guests on,Martin Short and Regina Spektor. Ok, that is a good thing,obviously dave plans on giving Regina the respect she deserves and will interview her along with her performing a new song. As the way too long monolog continues on I started to get a bad feeling. Then out comes Martin Short... ok not to be negative but He's not excatly the most current guest but ok I relize Dave was short on guests last nite. The segment continued on entirely too long with it ending with a song from Short? As i look at the clock I see,ok, there is still a half hour left for Regina appearence,,,then a series of commerical breaks then they come back for a quick Late Nite promo,then back to commericals. Finally they come back with 20 mins left,then Dave brings up how great Martin was and then segways into a waste of time old cowboy non funny segment.NOW I AM GETTING MAD!!! I say to myself "what the hell is Dave doing"? He's making Regina wait through all this BS which in my opinion shows lack of respect towards Regina. THen more commercals, finally Dave holds up the FAR album and Regina appears, She performs "Laughing" and then Dave walks over and says thanks?????? I have always been a Letterman fan,but NO MORE. btw How does Letterman not mention the loss of Jackson or faucet??? I recorded cohnan and watched it back.I know these shows are comedy shows but at least Cohnan discussed the real world. Sorry to stray off topic..... I am at a total loss to why Letterman would waste the opprotunity to interview Regina after her song or before? but to only have one guest other guest on and not use the time to give REGINA the respect she deserves was a absolute MISTAKE! I had to sit through all his BS and he only dedicates 4 minutes to the most talented guest on the show???? I just wanted to get this off my chest. NO MORE LETTERMAN! I am now firmly in the Tonight Show camp.` I felt so bad for Regina, and I know it was great exposure but it should have been so much more Frowner

I was sitting last nite waiting for Reginas appearence on Letterman. Then the show begins....wow I see that Dave only has 2 guests on,Martin Short and Regina Spektor. Ok, that is a good thing,obviously dave plans on giving Regina the respect she deserves and will interview her along with her performing a new song. As the way too long monolog continues on I started to get a bad feeling. Then out comes Martin Short... ok not to be negative but He's not excatly the most current guest but ok I relize Dave was short on guests last nite. The segment continued on entirely too long with it ending with a song from Short? As i look at the clock I see,ok, there is still a half hour left for Regina appearence,,,then a series of commerical breaks then they come back for a quick Late Nite promo,then back to commericals. Finally they come back with 20 mins left,then Dave brings up how great Martin was and then segways into a waste of time old cowboy non funny segment.NOW I AM GETTING MAD!!! I say to myself "what the hell is Dave doing"? He's making Regina wait through all this BS which in my opinion shows lack of respect towards Regina. THen more commercals, finally Dave holds up the FAR album and Regina appears, She performs "Laughing" and then Dave walks over and says thanks?????? I have always been a Letterman fan,but NO MORE. btw How does Letterman not mention the loss of Jackson or faucet??? I recorded cohnan and watched it back.I know these shows are comedy shows but at least Cohnan discussed the real world. Sorry to stray off topic..... I am at a total loss to why Letterman would waste the opprotunity to interview Regina after her song or before? but to only have one guest other guest on and not use the time to give REGINA the respect she deserves was a absolute MISTAKE! I had to sit through all his BS and he only dedicates 4 minutes to the most talented guest on the show???? I just wanted to get this off my chest. NO MORE LETTERMAN! I am now firmly in the Tonight Show camp.` I felt so bad for Regina, and I know it was great exposure but it should have been so much more Frowner

First, the show was pre-recorded (22nd) - Jackson was still alive then.

If you watch these shows regularly you know that the performers are very rarely interviewed. I don't see how this is "lack of respect". Regina was there as a musical guest - to perform a song, just as were Pearl Jam or Green Day on Conan. Besides, watch Reg's past perfomances on those shows on respektonline - no interviews, only music.

I really don't like David Letterman. I never have though. I think he's a jerk. And he's not funny.

But anyways...

She did good a little nervous. But was still amazing!

It would've been nice if she was interviewed though. But oh, well.

I've never liked Letterman, I always thought he was a jerk, and his recent sex jokes about Palin's 14 yr old daughter were just discusting...

But he usually doesn't interview his performing artist, which is sad I know. Her interview would of been MUCH more interesting than Martin Short