Sign in to follow this  
RJLupin2

General Questions

Yeah I know that... Hm. Bustling is not a great word then? Quickening works, but it sounds more harmless than the other two. or maybe heartbeats could fasten. Like get stuck in you chest and mean the opposite of quickening.

Anyway Bustling vs. quickening? Quickening is better? Just found "bustling" online. Never used it. Quickening might work anyway. thanks mikaela!

Quickening has more than one meaning apparently...

From Wikipedia: "In pregnancy terms, the moment of quickening refers to the initial motion of the fetus in the uterus as it is perceived or felt by the pregnant woman."

I learned something new today.

If you're writing a song or poetry I think it's perfectly alright to have grammatical errors if it works for the piece you are writing.

So this is off topic from the current discussion but when Reg sings Ne Me Quitte Pas, is she pronouncing it correctly? My piano teacher said that the Qutte part wasn't correct, and is the Title of Bon Idee correct? My piano teacher also said that it should be spelled like "Bonne Idee". Any one also know whats up with lullibys spelling?

interresting points.. i had assumed that the extra "-teh" at the end of quitte was either an error, or just for style.

I'm always confused about how to spell "lulliby" anyway, so frankly i had never noticed it was incorrect lol!

I'm not very knowledgeable about French, but a friend of mine studies it as a minor and i think i remember her making the same correction to "bon idee" but maybe i'm just making things up after hearing your piano teacher's corrections lol!

Your teacher is right!

I don't know if the extra "-teh" at the end of "quitte" is for style but it sounds more like the word "quittez" which has the same meaning than "quitte" but which is used when you speak to a stranger or someone older.

Also, "Bon idée" is not correct. "Idée" is a feminine noun so you have to say "bonne", the feminine version of "bon".

I know, we are complicated. Big Grin

Anyway, I love this mistakes sooo much!

In fact, the first Regina's song I have heard is "Après moi" and when she sings "Après moi le déluge" it sounds like "Après moi le délouge".. I immediately fell in love with her accent. Smiler