Sign in to follow this  
RJLupin2

General Questions

You just described the reason why I quit the violin (though I'm wishing for violin for my birthday and I will start again, yeay).

You can cheat with cello/violin - you already know notes and stuff so you just need to learn the note-finger placement relation, won't be that hard for you considering you were able to play an instrument with 88 keys (wow). Mark the correct placement with ducktape on the fingerboard (under the strings) - you'll instantly know where to put the "first finger" etc - that's a good start. After you get to the point where you see a note and you instantly know which string what placement without giving it any thought you're there - everything else is just a matter of technique and experience.

quote:

Also, I'm kind of an instant gratification kind of person. It's kind of unfortunate. It's how with piano, I went from playing Hot Cross Buns to Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu in one fell swoop.

So... again... help?

1) as a classical string student of 6 years who studies part time at a university.. i can tell you it wont be easy! there are so many nuances to any stringed instrument that make it much more difficult to learn alone, unlike the piano.

almost anyone can stick there finger down on a key.

2) as a pianist as well, i'd so love to hear your version of Fant-Impromptu :]

^^Sure, there is a lot to any instrument. I have a friend who studies violin at university and though she is the leading violin in an orchestra she admits she has still a lot to learn. But in an humble opinion of a five-year student and a dropout the basics of stringed instruments are easier and quicker to pick up than those of a piano.

Alrighty, thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. I will of course use any help I can get.

SOAS: If I get my new shiny piano with all the keys working/in tune (we're headed to a piano store next week!!) I will certainly record it for you. :] Until then, however, my playing of anything in a different octave than the first three lowest has come to a complete halt.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

^wow, that one looks cool Eeker but bow is not included...

Are you sure it doesn't come with a bow?

It mentions one in the description... Confused

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

^wow, that one looks cool Eeker but bow is not included...

Are you sure it doesn't come with a bow?

It mentions one in the description... Confused

Oh, I'm so sorry RJ, I missread it, the bow is included so is rosin and case. I don't know how I came to the conclusion that it wasn't Confused Sorry for the confusion!

Is there a thread where everyone posts their real name??

I believe I only know that fidelity377 is ricky. Stepped on a syringe is jeremy and I believe sugardrive is a pretty married lady named jodie?

psst... the "e" is none existent Wink

But yeah, that's a good idea. I was thinking of a thread where people posted stuff like where they're from, they're real name, how old they are, and whether or not they're a boy or a girl, just a little "A/S/L" thread, if you will.