Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

A Place to Ask Any Regina Related Question

So I've gots myself a question here...

We all know that Regina is a brilliant pianist, and was classically trained. But the only recording of her playing just a solo classical piece came from an interview she did on one of the major networks... I feel like it might have been for Good Morning America?

to cut to the chase though: Are there any other examples of Regina just playing classical music? Or any sort of solo piano work? I'd be curious to see her performance style. Smiler

I was raised on the music of the 20th century Russian composers (Rachmaninoff, Scriabin, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Kabalevsky...), so I'd be very intrigued to hear my favorite artist playing the style of music we both grew up with... especially if it were of the works of her own Russian brothers. Smiler

There are Kimya Dawson tracks where she plays the piano, but classical...I don't know.

Thank you for Call them brotehrs!! Big Grin

Question: I found a nice interview of reg's that I hadn't read before. If I want to share it here, where do I put it? It doesn't fit in the interviews 2010 if it's not from 2010. Do we have a thread I missed? With her interviews? Don't want to make a double. And I tried the search function...

No problem Smiler

You can add the interview to the 2010 thread if you want. I started compiling interviews in 2009 and I don't think there's another thread for them.

There's also the "Reg in the news" thread.

And about the classical playing.. there's a part in Live in London where they're showing soundcheck footage and there's a song I don't really recognize that she's playing. Does anyone know what that is? It sounded classical but it could just be a song I'm not recognizing. haha.

In Lounge when Reg is doing the buzzing noises does she say something? In the sounds recording at one point it sounds different like a word and in the new 2002-05-01 tonic recording at 2:27 does she say some words then mother effer? It sounds like it to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

In Lounge when Reg is doing the buzzing noises does she say something? In the sounds recording at one point it sounds different like a word and in the new 2002-05-01 tonic recording at 2:27 does she say some words then mother effer? It sounds like it to me.

My take...