Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

A Place to Ask Any Regina Related Question

I agree she has a narrators voice =]

And a few more questions for those who may know. Did Regina perform Patron Saint on July of 2007? And why are there so few recordings of Reg with her old band(guitar, bass, drums)?

Oh, Ms. Dentistgirl you did it again. My only complaint is that it it way too short an excerpt of the very best of Salinger (aside from Catcher, I guess). Great description of a room and of a bedtime, and so beautifully read.

And, to find it on my Ipod I just searched for "Zooey" and thus, as soon as Reg's reading ended, She and Him (Zooey Deschanel, of course) sang "Change is Hard" which is as perfect a segue as any dee jay could do.

I suspect that every Zooey---one is in my family in a way--- has some connection to Salinger; a parent or two who loved Salinger.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:
Originally posted by SmallTownMoon:

remember that radio recording of regina reading an excerpt from Franny and Zooey? "book at bedtime" or something..is that still floating around the internet somewhere?

Yes, I do. =)

Here ya go- http://www.sendspace.com/file/v092jq

Is it true that the demo cassette contained these songs?

"

Aquarius

Ave Maria

Baby Jesus

Bobbing For Apples"

BYOS

A Canon

December

Just Like the Movies

Loveology

Raindrops

The Soup

Scarecrow and Fungus

Carbon Monoxide

Ghost of Corporate Future

20 Years of Snow

Another Town

Uh-Merica

Baobabs

Düsseldorf

Musicbox

Hero of the Story

Bartender"

Found here

Link

I do believe that list is incorrect. The demo tape that I know of consists of School Is Out, Chicken Song, Cinderella, Braille, Love Affair and Sunshine, but I'm not sure if they're talking about the same one...?

The Demo casette contained the songs RJ listed.

The list from wiki coincide with tracklist of lots of torrents floating around that have live recordings mislabelled as demos. I don't think there ever was any trustworthy info of anything like that to be in existence.

At this point, I really don't see anything wrong with sharing it... The damage is done, the songs are available on youtube, I don't see why putting them out there (at this point) is a problem, especially since Regina probably knows it's out and doesn't seem to care.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g5dkl5

I've uploaded three out of the six songs from the Demo Tape (the previously unreleased ones) as those are apparently the only ones I have... anyway, enjoy. Smiler

thanks for the info. I found the file on the internet though with all of those songs listed in it. Some were actual demos but most were live recordings, but there was a Hero and Bartender recording i had never heard before along with Baby Jesus.

In regards to this discussion about demos... I've seen various lists floating around this forum speculating which songs these might be, but is there any real definitive list that anyone's come up with regarding which "demos" are actually outtakes from the "Songs" recording?

I mean... I can certainly offer my own guesses based on what she was playing live around the time, how the keyboard sounds in the recording, her vocal style in the recording, etc. But I just figured I'd see if there's anyone out there with a magic little list that will solve all problems. Smiler

And if not... Well then I guess one of us is just gonna have to become mega-famous and meet Regina and ask her some day. Cuz that's not difficult... right? Roll Eyes