Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MusicLover_2007

The "Far" bonus songs

62 posts in this topic

I'm really really really digging these. So melodic, so quirky, so Reg! Amazing even those these are "B-sides" they don't feel like anything less then A+.

"Riot Gear" has a Paul Simon quality to it.

"The Sword and the Pen" has a Broadway show tune quality. I love that vocal effect she does "I don't want to live, I don't want to live with you HUH" that HUH at the end just makes me tingly.

I'm really really really digging these. So melodic, so quirky, so Reg! Amazing even those these are "B-sides" they don't feel like anything less then A+.

"Riot Gear" has a Paul Simon quality to it.

"The Sword and the Pen" has a Broadway show tune quality. I love that vocal effect she does "I don't want to live, I don't want to live with you HUH" that HUH at the end just makes me tingly.

I love em all too

And for some reason "The Sword and the Pen" makes me more sad than any other Regina song... It really gets to me

I am SO loving "The Sword & The Pen" too.

It's so depressing and beautiful.

I get the feeling that it's actually a romantic type love song - but when I hear it "I don't wanna live...without you" I think of my mom...and how lost I would be without her.

Ugh. I'm gonna cry just writing this and thinking about it now! Frowner

The opening line is just bliss.

"Don't let me out of this kiss..."

Occasionally I'll stumble across a Reg song and think, "Ag! That is so perfect! Why didn't I come up with that?"

Lol.

Like when I hear One more time with Feeling for the first time.

And hero.

And Dulce.

okayy I just spent nearly $4 on these bonus tracks on itunes, when I bought the actual cd for $14, the same price as it is on itunes. So annoying! I like the own the actual cds of artists I like, why must they punish me for not wanting to buy entire cds off of itunes??

Soviet Kitsch combines the best from both worlds. Far is a bit overproduced for my taste... but still great, i just hope she won't be going even farther into mainstream territory.

And I can't agree, that Far is religion-themed. Just one song, which can be interpreted non-religiously.

quote:
Originally posted by kot:

Soviet Kitsch combines the best from both worlds. Far is a bit overproduced for my taste... but still great, i just hope she won't be going even farther into mainstream territory.

And I can't agree, that Far is religion-themed. Just one song, which can be interpreted non-religiously.

I don't really think far is religion themed, I just think that it's a reocurring motif in some of the songs (blue lips, human of the year, laughing with, man of a thousand faces). But I don't think it's the end-all-be-all of the record.

quote:
Originally posted by kot:

"Human of the Year" is religion themed. So is "Man of a Thousand Faces".

Just because she mentions religion in "MOATF" doesn't mean it's about religion! Heh.

I could be wrong, and you guys might know the real meaning, but I get a feeling it's about someone suffering from Schizophrenia...