Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

The "Far" bonus songs

I really do love 'Riot Gear' though. I was not expecting such an upbeat and bouncy song - I really expected something heavier. The way she uses her voice, sliding it up, singing smooth, ah, just love it!

Some of these should have made it to the main album and replaced some of the others IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by mk:

Some of these should have made it to the main album and replaced some of the others IMO.

Oh i SO agree with that! I haven't heard "Riot Gear" yet, but I think "The Sword & The Pen" should have replaced some of the songs on the album...and "Time is all around" as well. Garsh, I just love that song.

You know...if that's true about her wanting to do the 21-23 song album, she is the ONLY one that could get away with that. Because ALL the songs would be good.

Tori Amos has been doing that, and unsuccessfully (IMO). Most artists just can't get a way with it. Nine Inch Nails can, "The Fragile" was one of the best albums of our time.

I hope Regina can do what she wants someday. I'll buy her 23 track album!

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

I'm just amazed that Regina has so many wonderful songs! I heard she wanted to issue out a 21-23 song album, but Sire wouldn't let her.

And where did you hear this?

There was a recent interview, I don't remember which. At one point she wanted 20+, then said how about 16, and then had to settle for 13.

^^ Very good question. When I first heard the live version I speculated she was speaking of "THE (infamous)BOOK"

but now the album version says laugh and the lyric sites have changed it to say laugh

QUESTION: Has Regina sung "The Sword and the Pen" live yet? I'm obsessed with it

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

QUESTION: Has Regina sung "The Sword and the Pen" live yet? I'm obsessed with it

ANSWER: Nope Smiler. I too have a slight obsession with it.