Sign in to follow this  
BloodRoses

Tori Amos

Swirly,

I have to agree with you. Bjork is #1 for me, and Tori used to be #2. As of the last two years, Regina has pushed into the #1.5 spot(sometimes fighting with Bjork for the top spot, but alas, Reg is new to my music world). Tori *yawn* has slipped into some adult contemporary hell. Lord help her.

quote:
Originally posted by ChrissyVee:

Swirly,

I have to agree with you. Bjork is #1 for me, and Tori used to be #2. As of the last two years, Regina has pushed into the #1.5 spot(sometimes fighting with Bjork for the top spot, but alas, Reg is new to my music world). Tori *yawn* has slipped into some adult contemporary hell. Lord help her.

Hah! But Tori was there for us when we needed her, right? It's okay to let go of your old favorites. Remember the good times spent with Tori. Um, if you can say you had any that is! Wink

I used to be a huge Tori fan. It was like, "Hey, there's this chick playing piano! I've never heard one of those before!" Then I stumbled onto a little gem called Regina. I was still listening to Tori when I went head first into listening to Regina. Slowly, Tori started to become dull, boring, and lifeless. After seeing Regina on Conan, that ensured my fan-ness(?) forever. Then I watched the XFM concert online.(If you haven't seen it, do it now! It's great here) Regina is much more spontaneous and playful and therefore, more exciting than Tori. Tori doesn't have lip trills in her songs, does she? I still like Tori a bit, it's pretty music. But the Beekeeper wasn't very thrilling to me.(Let's just say Soviet Kitsch and Songs replaced that CD quickly) But I still love Bjork. I never was a fan of Fiona Apple though.

i read a Reg interview that said her least favourite comparison was with Tori. We've been through this before on this forum, I know, but your allegiance to Tori needn't be weakened by your love for Reg. The two aren't mutually exclusive, y'know! and as for Fiona Apple et al, don't let the fact they're women allow you to lump them in with Reg. I wouldn't put Reg and the Apple in the same sentence!

Jesus, are you guys insane? Tori and fiona are amazing musicians, no one can touch them. how can someone with good taste in music voice those words? Im sorry but i think to put down a musician as amazing as tori or fiona is a sin. if you pay attention to regina's music, tori amos influenced Regina (so did Bjork). Fiona is utterly astonishing and whoever doesnt appreciate her doesnt understand what a good musician is. Do me a favor and develope a better taste in music, it'll do us all some good. Im shocked you enjoy reggie. Goodness, people make me sad.