Sign in to follow this  
BloodRoses

Tori Amos

THE TORI THREAD LIVES.... mmaawaahaha!

I think I may have jynxed the thread back into existence yesterday. I was thinking "...with all the new people registering on the forum I'm suprised the Tori thread hasn't reared its head.."

Sorry guys

Big Grin

Later Days

Shawn

P.S. I don't think a Tori/ Regina tour will happen anytime soon Seer.

I'm a big fan of tori (and fiona) but I can see why Regina can be upset by the comparision. It's like what Sarah Slean (another fav of mine) said when she was being compared to Tori. She said "that kind of comparsion is just unintelligent and lazy"

Tori is a *very* prolific writer. Her sound has evloved and she has been experiencing with different styles. So I never really understand when someone compare an artist to Tori. It's just too general. There are few Tori songs that do sound a bit like Regina but then again Tori have TONS of songs that don't. you see what I mean? Sorry if that doesn't make sense! lol

quote:
Originally posted by The Liberty Tax:

i think that if i hadn't listened to the the first track on Boys for Pele, I never would have gotten hooked on the Tori, and then never would have come to appreciate the Dresden Dolls, and then never would have found out about Regina.

SO THERE.

Boi, I would have MADE you love Regina.

Tori has gone the way of adult contemporary a little boring...I used to love her, but now I just love a few of her albums and few of her new songs. In her defense, the songs I love, I can't live without.

Fiona is just mystically freaky and sort of sad in a sexy way...Not a huge fan, but she does sing amazingly well. I can't wait to hear the album they never released when they actually release it in October.

Ani Difranco is raw and real. She is a mean guitarist. I love the way she attacks her instrument and her vocal cords.

Bjork is very playful. She is very experimental. I adore her. She is my absolute favorite. She gets better with age, and I would probably by an album of her spitting because I am that sure I would love it.

All of these singers come to mind when I listen to Regina. There are so many others that I once sat down and wrote all the artists she was reminding me of. I was actually shocked that she pulled all these things out of her hat!

Regina is her own. She is daring, silly, mature in her knowledge that life is for playing. I embrace her innocence. I am so glad that she arrived in this time. Her voice and talent, her attitude and charm, are timeless. She is a classic born into a time when classics are hard to find.

Regina has made a place in my musical heart that is tied with Bjork, but in her own genre. They both bring me to tears, make me sing at the top of my lungs, make me want to smear chocolate on the walls, make me want to have a finger painting party and feel as free as I did when I was 6. These are amazing things.

How fortunate for us to have so many talented artists in our time! Big Grin

Actually, being a rather fervent Tori fan was how I was introduced to Regina's music. I discovered Regina on cdBaby several years ago when it recomended her to fans of Tori's style. I agree that beyond using the piano as her pricipal instrument, comparisons are without merit. I love them both, although I would have to say the Regina is my musical obsession of late. Tori's music and lyrics are more like an abstract painting in many ways, you get out of them what you bring with you.