Sign in to follow this  
Stepped On A Syringe

I Miss This..

Ironically, this show was the one where it first really hit me just how big Regina was going to become.  I actually turned my head away from the stage for a couple of minutes just to watch a thousand people singing Us in unison...and then to see Regina exit into the wings and half collapse into someone's arms, totally overwhelmed...don't tell anyone, but I got misty-eyed then, and I'm getting misty-eyed now just thinking about it. 

I've heard it said that the most exciting time for a band (and their fans) is that period right before they're  about to break through...and those really were great times...but, honestly, what I was daydreaming about back then is basically what is going on right now, with her music reaching and touching and helping and bringing together thousands upon thousands of people...and I really can't adequately express just how insanely happy I am for her success.  And grateful that I could be witness.

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

I am so happy for regina's success.

But there's just something in her voice from back in those days.. :]

agreed. i really miss old reg..

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

Ironically, this show was the one where it first really hit me just how big Regina was going to become.  I actually turned my head away from the stage for a couple of minutes just to watch a thousand people singing Us in unison...and then to see Regina exit into the wings and half collapse into someone's arms, totally overwhelmed...don't tell anyone, but I got misty-eyed then, and I'm getting misty-eyed now just thinking about it. 

I've heard it said that the most exciting time for a band (and their fans) is that period right before they're  about to break through...and those really were great times...but, honestly, what I was daydreaming about back then is basically what is going on right now, with her music reaching and touching and helping and bringing together thousands upon thousands of people...and I really can't adequately express just how insanely happy I am for her success.  And grateful that I could be witness.

It's really good that you're happy for her and content with the way her career has blossomed. A lot of people in your shoes might have taken the snobby I-liked-her-better-when-she-has-unknown-and-starving-but-now-everyone-knows-her-how-not-cool route. But you chose to be awesome instead.

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

I am so happy for regina's success.

But there's just something in her voice from back in those days.. :]

agreed. i really miss old reg..

I personally think her voice has improved a lot over the years. I think she is singing better now then ever. Sometimes I listen to recordings from 2003-2004 where she is over-singing a little, and she seems to have dropped some of those habits that are harmful to the voice.