Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

Gloria Theatre, Cologne, Germany (7-02-2009)

Aaah man, I loved that Dance Anthem. "SOLOOO"

Man I love Reggie Watts, too. I saw him at Bonnaroo last year before I realized he worked with Regina on anything, his skillss are just ridiculous.

Actually, when exactly did Regina and Reggie start collaborating on anything? [Total noob question, right? hah]

What a great concert it was! This was my first Regina concert and she was phenomenal! Although there was a slight delay between Reggie Watts's part and when Regina came out, the wait was definitely worth what followed! She seemed to be in a good mood, she played most of the new "Far" songs. And then some more from "Begin to Hope". She also played "The Flowers" which I really really loved (although the bar-woman, standing only a few feet away to my left, kept talking on her cellphone...Regina actually interrupted her singing and apologized for not letting her make her phone-call, it was really funny from Regina's part!). There were a couple of encores too! All in all Regina was on the stage for a good 90 minutes! I was wishing for some more interaction with the audience, but nevertheless is was a great experience. Regina must be one of the most adorable persons I've seen...ever!

I hope I will be able to see her again very soon!

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

Aaah man, I loved that Dance Anthem. "SOLOOO"

Man I love Reggie Watts, too. I saw him at Bonnaroo last year before I realized he worked with Regina on anything, his skillss are just ridiculous.

Actually, when exactly did Regina and Reggie start collaborating on anything? [Total noob question, right? hah]

The first time I heard of them working together was the McCarren Park Pool concert from last August, but he did the beat boxing for the album version of Dance Anthem as well and sent it to Regina in London where she was working with Jacknife and I don't know if that happened before or after that concert. I get the impression that they've been friends for a while though. Smiler

Glad everyone enjoyed the show!

That story with Regina stopping the Flowers reminds me of another time, this vid I saw on Youtube, where Reg stops playing and tells a person to 'get the fuck out and go get a drink and tell them it's on Regina." Lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

That story with Regina stopping the Flowers reminds me of another time, this vid I saw on Youtube, where Reg stops playing and tells a person to 'get the fuck out and go get a drink and tell them it's on Regina." Lol.

Not to mention the Lollapalooza video where she stops when she sees a girl feeling unwell. Maybe it has to do with the song...? Confused