Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

El Rey Theatre LA July 28, 2009

I know so many tricks about getting tickets to shows!

Do not worry. Most likely, (that is, if you REALLY want to go) keep trying on ticketmaster.com EVEN if it says the tix are sold out. Sometimes they release tickets closer to the event...I've done it before, many times.

Also, keep an eye on eBay and ticket brokers. As the event nears, the prices will be reasonable. Big Grin

I hope this helps anyone who has the money, and really wants to go.

You guys have to give me super details though, I just do not have the money to make it. I'm so upset. I love the El Rey. It would be a nice venue to see her in...but I will just have to wait until she comes back to L.A. in the fall sometime (When I might be on tour! I hope the dates line up for me! *crosses fingers*)

I'm so sad that I could not get tickets! I tried presale and general sale. Both gone in a split second after 10 am. Anyone have extras? I can meet you with cash asap.

I just looked up El Rey and it looks like its capacity is only 700. Eeker

No wonder it sold out so quickly! It's a little more than a third the size of the Beacon which also sold out!

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

I know so many tricks about getting tickets to shows!

Do not worry. Most likely, (that is, if you REALLY want to go) keep trying on ticketmaster.com EVEN if it says the tix are sold out. Sometimes they release tickets closer to the event...I've done it before, many times.

Also, keep an eye on eBay and ticket brokers. As the event nears, the prices will be reasonable. Big Grin

I hope this helps anyone who has the money, and really wants to go.

This is true. I've done this several times for the last few concerts I went to. If Ticketmaster doesn't come through at the last minute, I'd be willing to pay up to 2 X the face value.