Sign in to follow this  
srg

Barnes & Noble (NYC), August 18, 2009

AMAZZING!! I know I always describe Regina performances as that but after everyone I see I'm more blown away then before. I don't know what to say about it but I left there with my mind a buzzin (in a very good way!) I'll let someone who can form sentences go into details but basically it was a joint interview with songs intermixed. The songs were.....

1. Laughing With

2. Blue Lips

3. Folding Chair

and for a finale

4. Us(!!!)

Ok, I just got home. I'm soooo exhausted from standing! I got there around 6 and it was a friggin' sauna with the sea of people.

Here's her setlist:

Laughing With

Blue Lips

Folding Chair

Us

There's a Q&A after each song, of course. Hopefully someone else will update this with a more accurate account. I mean, before it's uploaded by B&N.

Sooo, yeah. It was lovely meeting the resident stixers for NYC gigs :] Srg, Greg, RJ and his sis, Mikaela, Jasmine, and sorry I forgot the names of the other ones I've just met.

Somehow I feel sorry for Kurt Andersen, because it was clear that most of the people who showed up were Spektators. Orrrr, I'm just being biased. Haha. It sucks though that at one point, while Kurt was speaking, some girl yelled "I love you Regina!" and it was totally rude and he had to stop speaking. Oh well.

Gawd I can't wait for October.

EDIT:

Heh, I didn't know NYCstargirl already posted the setlist Razzer

It was great in all accounts, except for the standing. Nice when a guy from the sixties gets to stand around with many youthful folk, especially the folks I stood with.

I have tons of pictures, but no videos unfortunately. It was great to see all you guys again!

The floor was literally full to the brim. Apparently it stands 700, and it was insane, it was totally packed. Regina was just too cute interviewing, and you could practically hear everyone's hearts melt when Kurt said hi to her, and she went, "Hi Kurt," in the softest, most adorable voice ever. I couldn't stop smiling the entire night. She's just too fabulous.

After getting lost several times, both on the streets and the subways, we finally found our way there and ended up hanging out for about 7 hours. :o

So worth it.

Here are some pictures! Sorry about the rotten quality.

6415_1141541630616_1589710687_333852_8365842_n.jpg

6415_1141541830621_1589710687_333857_898390_n.jpg

6415_1141541950624_1589710687_333860_2072473_n.jpg

6415_1141541670617_1589710687_333853_2344878_n.jpg

Also, right before they started filming (or before they officially started the program)Regina's mic wasn't on. So after they realized, Regina mimed rocking out on the piano and singing with no volume. It was very funny. Smiler

I was pretty much right at the front of the standing section and she walked like 2 feet in front of us but I was too in awe to remember to press the button on my camera...

My favorite part was when she was talking about how she thought the U.S. was like a safari world and everyone had pet panthers, thus the new sig (although I'm not sure if that's the right punctuation... any suggestions?)!!!!

I can't believe people waited 7 hours for 4 songs! I guess that speaks volumes about the state of the economy! (I assumed all those people were unemployed!)

I showed up after work at 6pm & turned around when I saw the crowd (& felt the heat). I've seen Regina about a dozen times over the years & caught a couple of in-stores too. Oh well. Me thinks my days of free Regina events are over.

Did she sign albums afterward?